Mselect is looking for a HR Trainee for one of its major Oil & Gas clients in Erbil. A minimum of one or two years of progressive experience in the field of Human Resources Management/Administration is required along with fluency in English and Kurdish languages.
The Human Resources Trainee must genuinely be concerned about peoples’ welfare. They must understand how employees contribute to a company’s success and be able to contribute to strategies to retain and develop these employees. On a day-to-day basis, they should have good people and communication skills. Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills are also important. An eye for detail, a meticulous work ethic, and good time management skills will help in juggling the multiple and often administrative tasks that a human resources trainee must handle. In most companies, it is essential that the Human Resources trainee is computer literate and has prior experience in managing operation activities. Last but not least, a cheerful disposition and a keen interest in keeping up to date with the latest HR developments help in fulfillment of the responsibilities of the position.
- Sound knowledge and practical experience in the field of Human Resources, in particular, knowledge in personnel and staff management duties.
- Written and oral English and Kurdish language skills.
- The individual must be computer literate and have the capacity, at a minimum, to proficiently use the software MS Office and Excel.
- Proven organizational and administrative skills
- Arabic language skills would be an asset.
- Working knowledge in a multi-cultural environment is desirable
- University degree, preferably in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, or other related field.
- At least one or two years of progressive experience in the field of Human Resources Management/Administration.
- Work experience with oil companies, preferably international, or other companies within the HR/Admin department, with focus on HR/Admin related rules and regulations.
- Ability to work independently in a rapidly changing professional environment.
- Knowledge of Iraq rules and regulations governing HR/Admin related issues is desirable