Logistics Executive is responsible for managing the primary supply chain operations for the Iraq market and ensure that shipment volume / distributor orders are driven by in-market sales forecasts.
- Participate in the EMF 2 process and contribute towards the development of end market company plan and forecast.
- Update the forecast in APO before the 7th working day of every month for all 6 markets for CRT & FG.
- Establish a direct rappor with Supply chain inorder to add visibility regarding any changes and fluctuations to demand forecast and the reasoning behind it.
- Prepare shipment plans based on the end market demand forecast.
- Manage monthly orders and insure it is placed on time and arrives infull in line with stock holding policies for each market.
- Manage supply chain issues that is crucial to the implementation of various Nexus projects, brand activities, new launches, SOM changes… etc.
- Communicate the shipment plan to Finance.Insure all shipments are invoiced as per forecast enrolled into HFM.
- Prepare and maintain spreadsheets / documents to track orders and shipments (stock holding sheet/ OSR).
- Highlight and communicate major deviations in the shipment plan to the end market and supply chain top team and seek guidance and help of the top team where necessary to eliminate avoidable delays so as to ensure OTIF delivery.
- Follow up on any documentation issues with SCWE, in the event that the required shipping documents are not available to the distributors so as to avoid any delays in the clearance ultimately leading to low stock levels / OOS. (CRT & FG)
- Insure that workable LCs are in place (CRT & FG) to facilitate shipments by following it up with external agencies & account handlers. Insure that we abide by the terms of the LC and the value of shipment is not exceeded with coordination with the finance team.
- Coordinate between L&Y finance team and SCSC in cases of inaccurate pricing or changes in prices.
- Communicate on a weekly basis any issues to the SCWE team to help improve their performance and to get the reasons for the issues faced by the end market which can then be communicated to the team.
- Keep the end market teams informed at all times on the shipment plans and any foreseen delays if any.
- Educate the end market teams on the product shelf life policy and keep them informed on the products which are nearing the shelf life through EMDR and agree on the action plans to liquidate the stocks.
- Coordinate with the trade, brand and Product Development teams to communicate product issues to SCWE team.
- Insure all demand sensitivities & supply chain issues are properly highlighted and escalated through the SAM to insure the implementation of a suitable solution with the least impact on the business.
- Play a vital role in drafting the SLA, while ensuring adherence against the SLA in place with the Supply Chain Teams in Southampton.
- Manage source of manufacture moves to ensure minimum write offs and no OOS situations during transition.
- Ensure product changes are done and delivered on time (no OOS) with minimum write offs.
- Follow up on Iraq shipments with forwarding agents and transporters.
- Manage accurate payment to forwarding agents on time inlign with rates agreed in contracts.
- Manage the execution of operational decisions regarding the OTP business.
- Assist Ops managers is emergencies related to WMS that will have serious OOS implications.
- Context / Environment
The role of the Logistics Executive requires a team effort in planning and execution with the Brand, Trade Marketing and Finance teams to achieve the objectives.
- Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Highly dependable with strong integrity
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Fluency in English and Arabic (oral and written)
- Good team Player
- Open minded and willing to learn
- High resource management
- Conversant with APO, Euphrates & Symphony+ systems
- I.T. Skills (knowledge of MS Windows and MS Office applications).
- Key Success Factors
- Reduce OOS and maintain the required stock levels.
- Maintain product freshness.
- Maintain APO.
- Keeps trade marketing team updated on supply chain issues as required.
- Ability to highlight issues ahead of time while recommending useful solutions.
- Build trust, understanding and effective working partnership between logistics and other functions in the cluster and between logistics and SCSC. To insure proper engagement, to drive effective business results enlign with L&Y operational strategy.
- Participate in identifying supply chain savings.
- Insure valuable learning are identified and practiced from previous supply chain issues or failures for continuous improvement in logistics processes and methodologies.
- Insure implementation of processes adhere to audit standards.