Mselect are recruiting for one f the largest international food and beverage companies in the world, they have 450 factories globally across 150 countries employing over 300,000 staff and now they are looking for a Financial Analyst to be based in Erbil, Kurdistan.
The resource will provide critical financial support to Finance Controller. Financial Analyst will assist the Finance Controller in the internal and external financial reporting for the Company. The position performs a variety of tasks related to the development, monitoring, and management of the Company’s annual budget and other related financial activities. The Financial Analyst operates autonomously to ensure accurate and timely completion of core responsibilities with limited supervision.
- Ensure smooth monthly/period end closing activities for finalization of numbers to be incorporated in actual P&L for publishing into Magnitude.
- Completion of account reconciliations, preparing monthly closing FI documents, reconciling GL accounts and Bank statements.
- Responsible for accounts payable/receivables and Cash management including petty cash.
- Completion of Goods Receipt/Invoice receipt reporting and reconciliations.
- Ensure that key activities are executed on time and with the highest level of quality. This includes Fixed Asset, General ledger, Period-End-Closing and Internal Reporting activities.
- Supporting the Finance Controller in preparation of forecasts for plan cycles and performing variance analysis.
- Prepare and post monthly sales accruals to ensure accurate and compliant reporting.
- Ensure solid local and zone reporting for actual results including KPI reporting.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of monthly DF in system.
Credit Control Activities:
- Maintaining financial controls associated with the administration of customer contracts.
- Administering customer contracts and related payments in accordance with departmental procedures and financial controls, ensuring timeliness and accuracy.
- Ensuring all customers contractual payments are processed with proper coding and documentation in accordance with corporate policies.
Fixed Asset Management
- Prepare asset addition/deletion/transfer notes and ensure assets are capitalized as per NAS guidelines.
- Conduct asset physical verifications on regular basis and ensure assets tagging.
- Regularly monitoring the accuracy and updating General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable & Bank books and periodic reconciliation.
- Reviewing and monitoring existing water internal control/ SOPs/ SR's and making revision to them, wherever necessary.
Qualification & Experiences
- Formal financial qualification of appropriate level (ACMA, ACCA, Bachelor of Finance).
- 2/3 years of experience in Accounting and Finance preferably in Financial Accounting within FMCG industry.
- Proficiency in English is must and language of the market is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Solid understanding of business principles processes and best practices.
- Good understanding of ERP systems.
- Possess analytical skills and ability to develop business acumen.
- Understanding of the product and brand P&L.
- Good Knowledge of international accounting and reporting standards.
- Good knowledge of control issues and framework for stewardship/ governance.
- Good working knowledge of financial modeling.