Mselect is hiring Junior Completions Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Duhok, minimum 2 years relevant experience with fluency in English and Kurdish. The position is field based and back to back rotation.
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Junior Completions Engineer assists the completions engineer with all aspects of Well Engineering and completions operations as well as working in parallel with the Drilling engineer, Senior Drilling Engineer and the Drilling Supervisors.
The Junior Completions Engineering role can be used as preparation for a role as completions Engineer.
- Act as support to the completions senior engineer and assist the drilling team when needed.
- Act as support to the Drilling/ completions Supervisor on location
- Prepare the daily completions report requirements with the assistance of the night drilling supervisors.
- Monitor completion operation as per the completions programs.
- Monitor BOP testing operation.
- Assist Drilling Supervisor/ Completion supervisors with handling well control issues if occurred
- Monitor plans, completions program and work progress.
- Ensure an adequate inventory of equipment and material is available at drilling site with quality check in coordination with logistic person.
- Coordinate activities with third party service companies.
- Report any deviation in work, equipment supply etc.
- Monitor daily operational cost control.
- Write the daily completions report.
- Capture lesson learned and document it with recommendation for next wells.
- Write technical summary for the completion programs
- Collect daily report, EOWR’s and archive the documents from service companies.
- Monitor performance of rig contractor and service companies.
- Provide suggestions to improve the overall performance of drilling operation.
- Assist the Drilling Supervisor/ Completions supervisors to implement the companies HSSE management system.
- Support the Drilling Supervisor/ Completions supervisors in the event of an emergency response situation.
- Observe all company Health, Safety, Security and Environmental instructions, act in a safe manner and avoid unnecessary risks to personnel
- Immediately report any unsafe conditions or activities, dangerous occurrences or injuries in the workplace.
- Monitor HSE close out items with rig contractor.
- Present a safety topic at wellsite weekly safety meeting
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in a Technical discipline
- Specific petroleum engineering qualifications
- 2 years of Experience in oil and gas sector
- Willingness to learn
- Thorough awareness of importance to safety. Preferred
- Previous drilling related work experience
- Willing to work on rotation
- Senior Completions Engineer, Drilling engineer and Senior drilling engineer when in office
- Drilling Supervisor when in the field
- HSSE Representative
- Drilling Manager
- Drilling Contractor
- Service Companies