Mselect is hiring a Fast Food Cashier for a leading international chain restaurant in Baghdad to manage all monetary exchanges with customers by taking orders and ringing up transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Greets all customers politely when they enter the restaurant.
• Records customer orders, both at the counter and at the drive-through (if applicable).
• Transfers orders to the kitchen to ensure their preparation.
• Monitors orders and ensures their prompt delivery.
• Helps package food in boxes and bags.
• Helps cook food and otherwise works in the kitchen, when necessary.
• Up-sells in-store promotions, when applicable.
• Listens to and resolves customer complaints, suggestions, and inquiries.
• Keeps the counter and dining area neat and clean.
• Sweeps and mops the floor regularly.
• Restocks napkins, straws, lids, and other supplies in the dining area.
• Tallies orders served and amount of cash received.
• Inventories supplies and goods with supervising manager, when necessary.
• Takes money from customers and provides correct change.
• Keeps track of a cash drawer and ensures it is balanced at the end of the shift.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Is solidly numerate.
• Can follow directions and achieve goals.
• Demonstrates strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Is able to communicate effectively to a variety of clientele in both Arabic and English.
• High school diploma or equivalent degree.
• Sales experience a plus.