Mselect is hiring Junior Drilling Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Duhok, minimum 2 years relevant experience with fluency in English and Kurdish. The position is field based and back to back rotation.
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Junior Drilling Engineer assists the Drilling engineer, Senior Drilling Engineer and the Drilling Supervisors with all aspects of Well Engineering and Drilling operations. The Junior Drilling Engineering role can be used as preparation for a role as Drilling Engineer
- Act as support to the drilling engineer/Senior drilling engineer in the office
- Act as support to the Drilling Supervisor on location
- Prepare the daily drilling report requirement with the assistance of the night drilling supervisors.
- Active role in casing running and cementing operation preparations. Carry out casing tally and cementing calculation. Closely monitor casing running and cementing operation.
- Monitor drill bit connection and BHA testing and BHA make up operation.
- Monitor BOP testing operation.
- Report bit dull grading and condition of BHA.
- Check IWCF well control sheet with rig contractor before drilling next hole.
- Assist Drilling Supervisor with handling well control issues if occurred
- Monitor plans, drilling program and work progress.
- Ensure an adequate inventory of equipment and material is available at drilling site with quality check in coordination with logistic person.
- Coordinate activities with third party service companies.
- Report any deviation in work, equipment supply etc.
- Monitor daily operational cost control.
- Write the daily drilling report.
- Capture lesson learned and document it with recommendation for next wells.
- Write section by section technical summary for EOWR.
- Collect daily report, EOWR’s and archive the documents from service companies.
- Monitor performance of rig contractor and service companies.
- Provide suggestions to improve the overall performance of drilling operation.
- Assist the Drilling Supervisor to implement the company HSSE management system.
- Support the Drilling Supervisor in the event of an emergency response situation.
- Observe all company Health, Safety, Security and Environmental instructions, act in a safe manner and avoid unnecessary risks to personnel
- Immediately report any unsafe conditions or activities, dangerous occurrences or injuries in the workplace.
- Monitor HSE close out items with rig contractor.
- Present a safety topic at wellsite weekly safety meeting
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in a Technical Discipline
- Specific petroleum engineering qualifications
- 2 years of Experience in oil and gas sector
- Willingness to learn
- Thorough awareness of importance to safety.
- Previous drilling related work experience
- Willing the work on rotation
- Drilling engineer and Senior drilling engineer when in office
- Drilling Supervisor when in the field
- HSSE Representative
- Drilling Manager
- Drilling Contractor
- Service Companies