MSELECT is looking to hire a Junior Finance Officer for an International Development Organization in Erbil. Candidate must have at least 2 years’ professional experience in the field of finance and administration. Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic is a must
Finance Unit is integral part of the International Development Organization Administration handles payments, opening / closing bank accounts, authorization of newcomers in the respective organization accounts, releasing all types of payments on behalf of the countrywide projects. The finance unit and officers are overall supporting the overall finance portfolio of International Development Organization Iraq. For this to take place the responsibilities of a
Bank Books Handling:
- Maintaining separate cash and
bankbookson account for each currency (EUR, IQD and USD.
- Exporting the bankbooks per the agreed schedule of accounting and submit the vouchers to the responsible accounting officer for bookkeeping.
- Preparing the bank reconciliation sheet with each export, and ensures that the balances are
matching, or the discrepancies are justified.
- Effective coordination with colleagues of the accounting department
- Opening bank accounts for countrywide
projectsorganization accounts .up on official request. Likewise authorizing/de-authorizing signatories in the respective
- Doing messenger service between
International Development Organizationand bank when needed.
- Responsible for letter of credit account of International Development Organization country office.
- Ensuring that letter of credit accounts is replenished at all time and the record of every individual withdrawal is updated
- Maintaining bankbook for all International Development Organization country
officeIraq accounting schedule .letter of credit accounts and comply with
- Ensures that the list of signatories for letter of credit account are up to date.
- Ensuring that end of each month the letter of credit balance is zero before sending the report to HQ
Cash Payments and Cashbooks Handling:
cashbooksfor all EUR, IQD and USD currencies.
- Ensures that incoming invoices are all arithmetically checked, material correctness and release of payment is signed before any payment.
- Cash payments are only made when a duly authorized person has signed the payment Internal or External Vouchers.
- Ensures that cash balance in the safe corresponds with the actual balance of cashbooks.
- Financial Administration
- Update and maintain countrywide Organization accounts (opening/closing of
account, authorization/de-authorization of signatories, corresponding withthe bank, projects and other partners related to the bank accounts and other bank related issues).
- Keeping up to date list of all active bank
accounts includingthe authorized signatories.
- Maintaining electronic and hard filing with
fullydata protection policy of International Development Organization.
- Assuming trips within KRI and Baghdad when needed
C. Other Duties/Additional Tasks
- Undertaking additional responsibilities when LFA or DLFA.
D. Required Qualifications, Competences and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration / comparable degree in finance and accounting
- Possesses at least two-years professional experience in the field of finance and administration
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process