MSELECT is looking to hire a Piping Engineer for one of the leading providers of solutions to the oil and gas and construction industries to be based in Sulaimaniya Province.
- Supervise in oil and gas piping engineering capability / a design group to meet project demands, quality, time & budget.
- Be an expert in the field of oil and gas design and specification, Plant & Equipment (vessels, pumps, supports/fixings, valves & actuators, wall boxes, shielded bulges etc.)
- Co-ordinate all Piping Engineering activities and ensure they are produced to the correct level of quality and in accordance with the contract requirements and approved project plans.
- Compile/develop plans for the production and issuing of the piping deliverables to project deadlines.
- Develop and supervise the use of project piping material specification, piping design standards, technical design instructions and discipline work practices / procedures.
- Develop and ensure interaction with other disciplines for known interfaces.
- Attend and contribute to design / construction reviews
- Oversee Piping bulk material aspects, bulk take-offs, quantification, allocation and manipulation of a material management system. Managing line lists and valve schedules.
- Review and check vendor document / information for compliance with project specifications.
- Ensure best practice and LFE is incorporated in the design.
- Assist in the design/specification of pipe supports.
- Attend project inter-discipline reviews and progress meetings also assist in the preparation of project control reports.
- Seismic qualification.
- Piping Flexibility requirements.
- Produce monthly progress reports.
- Basic knowledge of PDMS and ACAD produced design.
- The candidate could either have a full and sound “Piping” background or be a Mechanical Engineer that has overseen the Piping Design within the Nuclear Industry with the above experience.
- The engineer will be fully conversant with the engineering design office practices and procedures with background in industrial, oil and gas, process and petrochemical engineering (nuclear and PDMS experience preferable but not essential).
- Familiarity with new plant construction with respect to piping systems and CDM.
- Familiarity with 3D CAD design systems and piping fabrication and detailing processes.
- Experienced in the use of both 2D and 3D CAD (PDMS) design documents. Experience with industrial piping systems, (steam, compressed air and cooling water) would be an advantage as New Build opportunities come to the fore.
- Ideally hold degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Familiarity with building services would be an advantage.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.