MSELECT is looking to hire a Junior Hydrocarbon Accountant for an international oil operator in Erbil, the candidate must have minimum 4 years of experience in a relevant role.
The Hydrocarbon Accountant is responsible for all hydrocarbon accounting activities required for PSC reporting purposes and also to support 3rd party business operations.
The role requires maintenance of the hydrocarbon accounting databases, preparation of reports and preparation of statements and invoices.
A close working relationship with the Production Engineers in the office is essential together with a good understanding of the production systems. Since a number of reporting requirements under the PSC require financial data it is also necessary to liaise with the Finance team.
In addition to maintaining the internal database the Government database must also be maintained which requires a good working relationship with representatives of the MNR.
In the event of an audit by either JV partners or the Government it is necessary to work with the assigned auditors to provide requested data.
For the purpose of statement and invoice preparation it is necessary to develop and maintain contact with representatives from service users and providers.
The Junior Hydrocarybon Account will fulfil these tasks under the direction of the Principal Hydrocarbon Accountant.
- Maintain internal hydrocarbon accounting databases for site and Erbil licenses.
- Prepare PSC monthly, quarterly and annual production related reports.
- Update MNR production databases.
- Provide input to production audits
- Prepare month ahead unloading forecasts
- Prepare statements and invoices and ensure payment receipt
- Provide data to MNR
- Verify invoices and ensure payments are made
- Provide support to closeout corrections required in Epicor associated with prior oil sales.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree qualified in a science, engineering or business subject.
- least 4 years’ experience in an accounting or engineering role in the Oil and Gas Business.
- Good understanding of petroleum production systems and hydrocarbon metering.
- Fundamental understanding of crude oil quality and valuation concepts
- Fundamental understanding of PSC commercial terms.
- Working skills with Financial accounting systems such as Epicor
- Strong spoken and written English language skills.
- Strong excel and word skills