MSELECT is looking to hire a Marketing Manager for one of its major telecommunication clients to be based in Baghdad.
- Responsible for leading the Marketing Activities in the organization including branding, Channel communication, Loyalty and Retention, Customer Experience, Pricing and Product Development to Support the Commercial channel managers to achieve customer acquisition, profitability and revenue targets.
- Responsible for formulating the marketing strategy and annual marketing plan in the organization to ensure brand image, product positioning, and pricing is in line with the organization strategy to achieve competitive advantage.
- Oversee all marketing and advertising activities ensuring long term marketing strategies are established and marketing branding to achieve organization objectives.
- Develop and execute comprehensive marketing plans and programs, both short and long range, to support sales and revenue objectives of organization.
- Ensure that all marketing initiatives contribute to the overall top line growth of the organization by developing services that continuously acquire and retain customers.
- Oversee the development of a pricing strategy which ensures profitability, whilst delivering perceived value to customers.
- Establish and maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Manage the daily follow up and the marketing plan's implementation with all concerned internal and external parties and ensure adherence to marketing budget.
- Oversee and evaluate market research and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitor competitive products and marketing activities and provide market insight to sales managers.
- Conduct periodic market studies for the ISP Market (competitive analysis and product positioning) providing Product range updates and competitors’ performance analysis.
- Monitor and report Monthly competitive media spending analysis.
- Plan and oversee advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, Events, & Sales Promotion activities.
- Approve agencies and suppliers negotiating contract terms and conditions for major services.
- Oversee advertising campaigns using the approved Format and Artwork in coordination with Sales.
- Select customer data according to target group criteria and verify the quality of customer data and take Ownership of segmentation and profiling of customers.
- Manage all internet site related marketing & Sales content in coordination with corporate communication.
- Handle all new products design and business planning with the business development team.
- Explore up selling and cross selling opportunities.
- Carry out sensitivity and effectiveness analysis of each carried campaign.
- Oversee the development and implementation of new products and services by liaising with Technology.
Business Development and Sales:
- Develop and recommend product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Conduct marketing surveys on current and new product concepts, and provide feedback for future product development.
- Ensure that the products and services portfolio is aligned to the marketing strategy across all segments.
- Monitor the ongoing performance of all products and services and make recommendations to boost sales and profitability.
- Develop revenue and demand models; profitability models per product/service.
Supervisory/People Management Duties:
- Build and develop a strong team through implementation of recruitment and development initiatives.
- Coach, motivate and retain staff, develop individual as well as team capabilities.
- Select and hire employees in the function, train and evaluate employees to enhance their performance, development, and work output.
- Manage daily entry and accuracy of information in the system, ensure automation of processes to achieve efficiency.
- Prepare the daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports as per department guidelines.
- Maintain the section electronic and manual archiving.
- Guarantee high quality of internal administration, filing and traceability of all documents to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
- Manage the utilization of staff and workflow of processes, propose initiatives for improvement.
- Coach and Train staff on new technologies and processes, continually improving the status quo.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing. Masters is preferred.
- A minimum 7 Years’ experience in ISP or Telecom with at least 3 years in Marketing
- Good Command of English and Arabic- Written and Spoken.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with different groups of stakeholders.
- Understanding of local market dynamics.
- Understanding of Competition and product positioning.
- Strategic Management and Business Planning.
- Industry Prices Structure and Market Research.
- Agreements and Commercial Correspondence.
- Understanding of customer behaviors, trends, preferences…etc.
- Full understanding of the product life cycle in ISP industry.
- Competence in interpreting and assessing market research data.
- Experience in advertising development (briefing, constructive feedback, etc.).
- Deep understanding of media consumption patterns by consumers.
- Ability to develop objective assessment of emerging market situations.
- Must be willing to challenge the standard thinking with new ideas, new approaches, and new solutions.
- Must have strong decision-making skills and the determination to see projects through to the end.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, management, and collaboration.
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.