On behalf of our client an international site services company, offering construction, camp services, and catering, we are looking for a Human Resources Manager to be based in their Head Office in Basra.
Responsible for consistent equitability of HR policies & procedures, guidelines to facilitate effective employee relations. Compliance & supports to efficient operation of the project, contracts compliance. To compliance with corporate HR policies and procedures, compliance with governmental rules and regulations and client, partner and government liaison at the camp level. Ensure the fair treatment of all associates and the safety of residents, personnel, and corporate and client assets
- Ensure consistent and equitable administration of HR policies, procedures, and guidelines to facilitate effective employee relations.
- Maintain confidentiality of all company policies and procedures.
- Assist staff as needed to support the project, to include boosting morale.
- Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations' issues
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements such as provincial employment standards, common law and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions. In collaboration with the Project/General Manager, ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance
- Coach and counsel management in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance reviews, and follows investigation information gathering protocols and manages internal investigations on matters of workplace harassment, alleged unfair treatment etc.
- Interpreting and advising managers on collective agreements, managing grievances and arbitrations, as well as participating in collective bargaining and union negotiations.
- At times, work with Labor Relations team
- Conduct regular exit interviews
- Maintain accurate files and records on all employees' inquiries.
- Maintain sector HR activity summary of any files that have the potential to lead to Ministry complaints, Human Rights complaints or litigation via the courts
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR policies, procedures, and programs
- Has knowledge of and can provide general information on group benefit programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, HR plans, vacation, sick leave, leaves of absence and the employee assistance program
- In collaboration with the claims management team, assists with Return-to-work (RTW) process inclusive.
- Facilitate placement in accordance with medically supported accommodation requirements
- Assist in collection and follow up of confidential self-identification surveys
- Communicate and ensure sector targeted recruitment goals are being met to increase designated group representation
- In collaboration with Project/General Manager of total Rewards supports company's job evaluation, and compensation guideline protocols
- In collaboration with Project/General Manager, collaborates with recruiters, provides coaching to operations on recruiting support available, may arrange interviews, pre-screening of resumes and may conduct reference checks as required
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Post-secondary education in Human Resource Management or equivalent and 8-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Remote camp environment experience preferred
- Minimum 3 years of Labor relations experience (interpreting and advising managers on collective agreements, participating in grievances/arbitrations, bargaining and negotiations)
- Must be fluent in English and Arabic
Remuneration (Range) & benefits:
- Monthly Remuneration: USD 4,500
- Accommodation provided on site
- Company transportation provided on site
- Rotation Period: 12 Weeks ON; 3 Weeks OFF
- Air Ticket: Return economy class every rotation cycle
- Eligible to have bonus, depending on the performance appraisal and the Company policy
- Nationality – Arabic countries would be the preferable national to suite to clientele and work environment.