MSELECT is looking to hire a Junior Monitoring Officer for an international development organization in Erbil. Candidate must have at least 2 years of experience with humanitarian or development organizations. Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic is a must.
The Junior Data Monitoring Officer supports the project team in all M&E-related aspects of the project and liaises with the team and partner organizations to collect, monitor and evaluate data. He or she monitors data collection processes on both qualitative and quantitative level and supports the proper processing of collected information. The Junior Data Monitoring Officer further ensures the monitoring of activities through regular field visits (Sinjar, Tel Afar, Tel Kaif, Mosul, Hamdaniya) and the close communication with the Head of Component. He or she supports the results-based monitoring of the program within the project cycle management and develops, in close cooperation with other team members, qualitative reports for political partners.
- Ensures adequate monitoring and reporting mechanisms in cooperation with the M&E Officer, relevant project staff and implementing partners and reports to Head of Component
- Ensures that the partners implement the activities according to the contractually agreed standards (e.g. utilize agreed selection criteria, ensure appropriate working conditions for beneficiaries etc.)
- Supports the internal knowledge management and ensures that the data repository is managed and is up to date. This includes reporting from partners, templates, data management system, lessons learnt and others
- Assists project staff in planning and executing surveys, focus group discussions and other monitoring and evaluation mechanisms
- Assists the M&E Officer in maintaining data bases for the Cash for Work and Livelihood programs
- Any other ad-hoc duties deemed necessary by the Head of Component or his designee
- Monitors on a daily basis all Cash for Work and Livelihoods projects, including field visits, spot checks etc.
- Travelling to target areas in Ninewa several times a week and working independently and in collaboration with partners
- Applies and supports the designing of M&E tools, such as focus group discussions, surveys, quantitative and qualitative approaches
- Supports the preparation of sound, accurate and professional reporting as required
- Attends meetings with implementing partners (INGOs, NNGOs) and shares their results
- Performs other M&E related tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in social / political / economic or IT-related sciences
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in the humanitarian and / or development sector, preferably with an international NGO or governmental organizations
- Fluent in Arabic and Kurdish speaking and writing
- Fluent in English speaking and writing
- Must be familiar with Ninewa Governorate
- Very good command of ICT technologies
- Able to work independently
- Basic knowledge of managing data bases
- Has experience and enjoys working in a multi-cultural team
- Willing to further develop personal and professional skills
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.