Urgently seeking a Junior Warehouse Keeper for one of our clients in the Automotive sector in Baghdad.
- Receives and inspects all incoming materials and reconciles with purchase orders; processes and distributes related documentation; reports, documents and tracks damages and discrepancies on orders received.
- Checks accuracy between physical/ERP stocks with periodic (monthly) stock count survey; keeps an updated warehouse inventory on Excel; reports and tracks Manufacturing Week / Year and serial numbers of incoming materials on Excel sheet.
- Manages third party workers and team (if applicable) for loading and unloading of deliveries; maintain related invoices for accounting
- Arranges deliveries of requested merchandise based on instructions from Sales and Logistics Coordinator; maintains records of all deliveries; delivers personally some products in the neighborhood.
- Fills supply requisitions; assists buyer to order adequate merchandise and supplies.
- Receives and stores electronically and physically all related documents and files.
- Coordinates with Customer Care the shipping of canceled and damaged items back to vendors as appropriate.
- Delivers and sets up marketing items and leaflets for various customers or events as requested.
- Maintains the warehouse, records area and storage area in a neat and orderly manner.
- Implements and follows up the necessary arrangements or improvements to the warehouse.
- Answers questions regarding procedures and resolves discrepancies regarding receipts, deliveries, warranties, and repairs.
- Trains and directs the work of assistants, warehouse team, and third party workers.
- May serve as a lead worker to other classified staff in the area/country.
- May assist in any other duties as requested by the Sales and Logistics department or Management.
Job Essential Competencies
- Ability to perform general storekeeping and warehouse duties.
- Ability to communicate with drivers and third party workers.
- Maintain accurate manual and computer records (in particular good use of Excel and formulas for warehouse material inventories and stock movements).
- Maintain proper follow-up on Excel of warehouse loading /unloading transactions and other warehouse expenses.
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions; perform physical labor; drive a forklift; maintain cooperative working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population.
- Knowledge of modern warehouse procedures, including methods of proper and orderly storage and issuance of materials; basic stock inventory procedures; requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, packing slips, bills of lading, freight tags, and the use and meaning of each; computerized warehouse record keeping systems.
Qualification and Experience:
Education: High school diploma.
Languages: Able to speak English and Arabic; written skills in English and Arabic also required.
Experience: Two years’ experience working in warehouse and storage operations, or any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities given above.
License or Certificate:
This job requires the use of a company commercial vehicle while conducting small deliveries. Must possess a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record. Forklift operation certification is a plus.
Must be energetic and able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting (up to 25 KGs unassisted), bending, standing, climbing, or walking on a consistent basis.