A major global Oil and Gas company is looking for an ESP Troubleshooting Engineer who will be involved with ESP Surface and Downhole Troubleshooting. The ESP Troubleshooting Engineer must hold a bachelor Degree in electrical engineering with strong commitment to HSSE. He will be be based in Basra – South Rumaila HQ
The ESP (Electrical Submersible Pump) Troubleshooter shall report to the Engineering Support TL. He will be involved with ESP Surface and Down hole Troubleshooting.
The ESP Troubleshooter shall maintain close working with below parties, but not be limited to:
- SR & NR Monitoring Team
- ESP & VSD service provider
- Generator service supplier
- ESP Coordinator & Dispatcher
The Key activities of the Troubleshooter during operation shall be as follows:
- Lead by example with a strong commitment to HSSE.
- Respond to any troubleshooting job requested by SR & NR monitoring team s if they fail to restart the well normally during day or night time.
- Communicate with ESP providers to get troubleshooting procedures.
- First line troubleshooting & repair of SOC/Weatherford VSD’s or Reda and Centrilift switchboards.
- Any other technical support required by ESP monitoring teams to restart the wells.
- Lead ESP commissioning (along with the ESP monitoring team, ESP vendor and the Wells ESP team), ensure the pump is running at recommended parameters and the VSD is set properly.
- ESP well optimization requested by the Subsurface ESP team.
- Coordination of surface equipment preparation & repair / replacement.
- Provide training for SR & NR monitoring teams,.
- Stop operations at any time if safety of people , equipment or environment is at danger, resolve issues with contractor representative and agree to proceed.
- Report and document any HSSE (Health, Safety, Security an Environmental) incident that may occur. As required, Lead initial data gathering and initial investigations.
- Participate in training opportunities provided boy Contractor.
Criteria & Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in electrical engineering
- English Speaking
- Good Communication skills.
- Ability in computer use and MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Be Able to demonstrate knowledge of the oil industry
- Strong team player ad ability in a similar leadership sole