MSELECT is looking for Laboratory Surveyor for an international testing & inspection services company. The chosen candidates will be based in Erbil, Min 15 years’ of experience.
List of General Responsibilities:
- Inspects and surveys health care facilities to determine if laboratory services are provided in compliance with rules and regulations for certification and licensure.
- Evaluates effectiveness of laboratory services and applies findings to the planning and development of programs.
- Recommends licensure and certification of laboratory services through detailed written reports.
- Participates in the development of methods for evaluating health care services as well as related laboratory programs.
- Performs on-site complaint investigations related to laboratory services.
- Provides consultation, guidance and training to facilities, health care professionals and other staff involved in providing laboratory services.
- Provides consultation to laboratories in areas of compliance with regulations and/or improvement of quality services provided.
- Organizes surveys and solicits information from various agencies to compare health care planning and/or projects related to laboratory services.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Possession of current and valid registration as a Medical Technologist, Medical Laboratory Scientist, or equivalent, by a national accrediting agency.
- At least 15 years (full time or equivalent) of general clinical laboratory experience in a licensed or certified laboratory.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of health care administration including terminology and standard abbreviations, uses of equipment, apparatus and materials used in a laboratory.
- General understanding of the factors, trends and problems in providing laboratory services to client groups.
- Familiarity with the laws, rules and regulations governing licensure and accreditation of laboratories.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including general report writing and a demonstrated ability to distill and translate complex concepts into actionable information.
- Capacity to plan and conduct training or instruction and communicate effectively in a precise, understandable manner.
- Competence in resolving problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Exercises discretion with handling of confidential information.
- Proficient usage of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Please note due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.