MSELECT is looking to hire a Laboratory Technician for an international oil and gas operator in Duhok. Candidates must have 20 years previous experience in oil and gas production laboratory work plus experience working with H2S.
The Laboratory Technician will be responsible to the Facility Manager for the sampling, testing, analysing and reporting of well fluids and cost-effective operation of the laboratory at site in Kurdistan region of Iraq
Job Specific Duties:
- Carry out sampling, testing, measuring, recording and analysing of results as part of a scientific team.
- Provide the required technical support to enable the laboratory to function effectively whilst adhering to correct company procedures and the latest health and safety guidelines.
- Laboratory based analysis for Specific Gravity, API, H2S in oil (Sparge and Analyser method), BS&W, RVP, Salts in oil, Silver Nitrate Chloride, Chloride in oil.
- Hydrocarbon compound analysis using Gas Chromatographs.
- Maintain Lab chemical inventories, consumables and update records.
- Work as directed by operations team ensuring products are within given specifications.
- Participate in laboratory procedure development, monthly safety meetings, toolbox talks and 2nd Step Cards to develop and promote a safe working culture.
- Promote Housekeeping and waste Management.
- Ensure safe sampling, testing and send sample to out for another lab test in an efficient manner as per the procedure.
- Responsible for the preparation of daily / monthly reports.
- Competent in the use of breathing apparatus.
- Hook up and installation of high pressure cylinders such N2 & O2.
- Responsible to control all chemical material in accordance with material data sheets.
- General Laboratory maintenance.
- Mentor and coach for national trainees.
- Undertake any other relevant job-related tasks as directed by Production Supervisor, Control Room
- Applicates must be self-motivated and proactive plus be able to demonstrate their ability to work within a small operations team structure.
- Candidates ideally have 20 years previous experience in oil and gas production laboratory work.
- Experience working with H2S
- The successful candidate must hold OND / ONC/ HNC / HND / Degree in chemistry or equivalent.
- Trained in N2 and H2S awareness.
- Candidates must be proficient in English language both verbal and written and be computer literate.
- Experienced in coaching nationals to a competency program
- Knowledge of HSE regulations applicable.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.