MSELECT is looking to hire a Lead Forecasting Engineer for an international oil & gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have minimum 3 years of relevant experience. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
As part of the Production Management Team, the Lead Forecasting Engineer is a key member of staff of the Subsurface Department and will directly report to the Deputy Production Manager (international Expat).
The Lead Forecasting Engineer is fully responsible for the derivation of the annual production forecast and managing the assumptions revolving around production forecasting, Annual Workplan & Budget. Furthermore, the successful candidate will assist the development of a new Water Injection forecasting tool that allows Water Injection forecasts (similar to Oil). In addition, the Lead Forecasting Engineer will be leading Subsurface Decision Tree Analyses and evaluating probabilistic outcomes to steer the most efficient way.
- Prepare Annual Production Forecasts and Production Forecasts whenever required
- Issue the Monthly Production Forecasts and track forecast assumptions delivers as planned
- Communicate forecast assumption status to colleagues and Production Management Performance Engineers to follow up accordingly
- Assess the value of business decisions and advise the Production Manager on business value and its uncertainties
- Integrate across different departments to continually improve the production forecasts
- Assist the Water teams in developing an improved water injection forecasting tool
- Modernize & Transform Production Management tools such as the Forecasting Tool
- University degree in Engineering (Petroleum, Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical), Applied Mathematics or Physics
- Coding and programming experience an advantage (but not required)
- 3 years minimum Oilfield experience an advantage (but not required)
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Software particularly MS Excel
- Very strong English & communication skills
- Basic understanding of statistics
- Keen interest in latest technologies and desire to appraise, select and implement innovations/technologies
- Drive, enthusiasm and eager to learn about forecasting, data analytics & technology
- Ability to work and deliver within a high-pressure work environment with short deadlines.
- Rotational 2 weeks work / 2 weeks off
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.