MSELECT is hiring a Lifting Specialist for a major global oil and gas client in Basrah with minimum of 5 year of experience in the same role with oil and gas sector, fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
The Lifting Specialist reports to the company Lifting Technical Authority (LTA)
The primary objective for this role is to support the LTA with reviewing non-routine lifting plans, collating lifting equipment inspection reports, monitoring and quality assuring overhead crane maintenance and repairs. Assisting with ATO inspections
of mobile lifting equipment and collating the results onto the LTA Sharepoint and Power BI web pages.
The Lifting Specialist will assist the LTA in updating the Lifting Procedures and be responsible for ensuring the Arabic translations are correct.
The Lifting Specialist will accompany the LTA or delegate on site visits to assess submitted lifting plans and offer advice to LN lifting teams.
Drive consistent application and continuous improvement (ownership) of the lifting procedures and processes
- Support company Departments in
- Insuring Lifting Procedure compliance.
- Tracking owned Lifting equipment inspection schedules
- Assisting the LTA in the training of staff in lifting operations
- Assisting the LTA in surveying submitted lifting plans
- Liaise with the Departments to support an integrated approach in lifting
Essential job requirement
- Degree in mechanical / civil engineering
- A background in lifting operations or exposure to planning and executing of
- lifting operations
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide range of
- people through influencing, coaching and team-working.
- Strong performance, including excellent analytical and organizational skills,
- along with good attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to distill key
- messages in a clear and concise manner.
- 5+ years of Oil & Gas industry experience in a variety of roles that
- demonstrate skills leading to progression.
- A minimum of intermediate computer skills.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.