We are seeking to hire a Logistic and Procurement Officer for one of our national NGO clients to start in October 2016, to be based in Erbil with frequent travel to Dohuk and other areas in KRI.
The Logistics and Procurement Officer will be responsible for overseeing all Logistic and Procurement processes with emphasis on the following activities:
- Stock Management and Custom Clearance.
- Maintenance of Offices and the NGO’s Centre.
- Fleet Management.
- Equipment Management.
- Ensure that the NGO’s procedures are carried out for all procurement and that correct supporting documentation and approval is received
- Purchase goods ensuring the optimum price/quality ratio on the market
- Collect quotations and check prices for purchase of goods and services
- Ensure that the suppliers fill in all receipts/invoices for purchases correctly
- Translate receipts/invoices written from Kurdish or Arabic into English
- Ensure the delivery of all purchased items to the requester
- Ensure that Procurement filing systems are maintained and up-to-date as per NGO’s procedures.
Stock Management and Custom Clearance.
- Check, record and put away goods received
- Regularly check inventory levels (physical counts).
- When an order is received: Check the number of packages, check packaging and content and inform supervisor of any problems (missing or damaged goods, etc.).
- Ensure that all items are well organised and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- Managing the Customs clearance by Road and by Air of any stocks received by the NGO.
Maintenance of Offices and the NGO’s Centre:
- Responsible for the maintenance of equipment and premises
- Carry out repairs when necessary or liaise with repairers as per the NGO’s procedures
- Responsible for the maintenance and running of fleet, ensuring that the drivers carry out daily/weekly maintenance requirements
- Organize movements of cars as per program needs
- Ensure equipment management systems/reports are up-to-date and maintained as per the NGO’s Procedures.
- Carry out an annual Asset check.
- At least 2 years’ experience in logistics management preferably within an NGO.
- Excellent written and spoken Kurdish, Arabic and English.
- Excellent computers skills in Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines.
Kindly write your cover letter in the first page of your CV.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.