MSELECT are looking for a Logistics Manager to be based in Karbala for one of our International Industrial client.
To supervise logistics activities within Cement South and ensure dispatch activities are in line with schedules and customer service level policy.
- Schedule customer orders- Schedule customer orders in terms of priority, product availability etc. Check daily dispatch plans and update these regularly.
- Schedule output- Schedule output to align with customer requirements. Ensure product is available when required and address issues with packing or production people.
- Schedule transport- Communicate dispatch schedule to transport and ensure the right transport is available when required.
- Communicate with distribution centres- Maintain two-way communication with DCs and ensure dispatch arrangements are coordinated with DCs.
- Arrange dispatch- Supervise weigh bridge activities and ensure calibration, readings etc are correct. Take readings and reconcile with packing records. Resolve discrepancies and take action when needed.
- Complete documentation- Control all dispatch documentation, process data and input to systems; resolve queries relating to documentation.
- Provide customer service- Address customer problems, and facilitate all customer care for smooth dispatching; Investigate, verify and resolve customer complaints.
- Wider initiatives- Contribute to projects and wider initiatives, participate in wider company programs and knowledge sharing, and provide inputs to supply chain and strategic business plans.
- Supervise people- Supervise, motivate and coach people through monitoring performance, arranging training and supervising workflow.
Qualifications & experience:
- High school degree or its equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in logistics.