MSELECT is looking to hire a Logistics Manager for an international oil operator. Minimum 8 years of related logistics management experience in the oil and gas industry.
The Logistics Manager is responsible for the overall coordination of freight. Act as the primary focal point for all in/outbound transportation activities including analyzing the business while taking ownership of establishing new opportunities to improve processes or decrease secondary distribution spend.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- He/ She reports to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Manage logistics operations to ensure efficient and accurate delivery of shipments and to build long\-term logistics relationship with business segments. With a special focus on consolidation/ cargo optimization.
- Allocates physical and human resources between areas of operation
- Manage all exceptional processes and ensure compliance.
- Track all cargo movements in the assigned region from booking to final delivery, with special attention to Dangerous Goods.
- Report and investigate any process deviation to ensure continuous improvement on service quality.
- Provide daily operational support to business segments and Procurement Specialists regarding expected shipment and arrival dates by proactively monitoring shipments.
- Manage customs clearance
- Assist in management of civil construction, infrastructure projects (pads, roads)
- Manage crude transportation and loading;
- Plan and manage regular supply of cargoes, fuel, wate
- Assess carrier performance with respect to on\-time delivery and on\-time pick\-up\
- Continually search opportunities for improvement in transportation processes\
- Ensure internal alignment and common goals/objectives to support internal customers.
- Comply with applicable company policies including but not limited to finance, personnel, and QHS.
- Monitor Logistics provider’s delivery of service on a day to day basis, report any service quality deviation
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor/ Master’s Degree in related fields of Supply Chain / Engineering / Manufacturing or Business Administration;
- Minimum 8 years of related logistics management experience.
- Ability to think strategically, analyze large amount of data and information objectively, and make quick decisions.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Power Point
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaborative skills
- Understanding of general logistics processes / local logistics rules and regulations
- Proficiency / working knowledge of variousERP systems preferred, but not required
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.