MSELECT is looking to hire a Logistics Officer for an automotive client based in Erbil. Candidate must have minimum 4 years of experience in relevant role. Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic is a must.
Overall Objective of the Job
The Vehicles and Parts Logistics Officer is responsible for managing the logistics support functions that have to do with spare parts and vehicles shipping. The Vehicles and Parts Logistics Officer performs all legal processes and required procedures to facilitate receiving spare parts and vehicles from the supplier to SAS.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Participates in developing the section’s plans, policies and procedures that ensure a standardized, efficient and effective flow of operations.
- Follows-up developments and new technologies and adopts best international practices in the workplace.
- Supervises the process of receiving spare parts from suppliers to SAS stores.
- Coordinates and arranges all spare parts shipments and delivery to central warehouses and ensure they are delivered on time, in the right specifications, and quantities ordered.
- Ensures that all received spare parts are accurately registered on the system and within the specific requirements and quantities they were ordered.
- Ensures all received processes are completed within the estimated time frames following the required control methodologies to ensure seamless and timely logistics.
- Examines the process at hand and takes steps for improvement and cost reduction and identifies areas of weaknesses and creates solutions to improve the overall performance of
SAS’s logistic spare parts functions within his/her area of responsibility.
- Establishes and maintains relations with all internal and external parties.
- Prepares periodic reports with respect to the function's activities and achievements to the direct supervisor.
- Recommends training needs of subordinates’ and evaluating the outcomes of training courses in coordination with the concerned human resources personnel.
- Conducts performance appraisals for subordinates’ according to scheduled plans and recommending necessary actions as per the applied practices.
- Conducts periodic meetings with subordinates to follow up on the smooth running of activities and keeping abreast with latest business-related practices.
- Performs any related tasks as requested by the direct supervisor.
- Service Department
- Spare Parts Department if required.
- Finance Department.
- HR Department. & Admin department.
- Shipping agents.
Educational Level/ Required Certificates:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, business administration, or any related field.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in supply chain management, shipping, clearance, preferably in automotive industry.
- Adaptability to Change Basic
- Effective Communication Basic
- Team Work Basic
- Result Orientation Basic
- Professional Passion and Drive Basic
- Delegation and People Management Basic
- Strategic Thinking and Decision Making Basic
- Entrepreneurship Basic
- Compliance Management Basic
- Problem Solving Basic
- Planning and Follow Through Intermediate
- Accuracy and Attention to Details Intermediate
- Negotiation Skills Basic
- Creativity and Innovation Basic
- Analysis and Pattern Recognition Basic
- Networking Basic
- Industry Standards Basic
- Product Awareness Basic
- English Language Advance
- Computer Skills Advance
- Functional Knowledge Intermediate
- Administratively: Branch Manager
- Functionally: National Logistics Manager
- Store Keeper(s) Driver(s)