MSELECT is looking to hire a Logistics Operation Coordinator for an international logistics company. The chosen candidates will be based in Basra, minimum of 2 years of experience working in the IZ required along with fluency in English and Arabic.
Supporting the Govt. & Commercial IZ operations, processing movement paperwork and escorts; and general operational supervision
- Coordinating operations inside IZ and Baghdad
- Expediting clearance and documentation procedures for Move One shipments
- Maintain a general oversight of operations within the IZ and report daily activities to BO support team
- Creating a good relationship between gate / check point employees and Move One.
- Use personal judgement and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in logistics operations activity and procedures.
- Processing and expediting Ministry of Defense documentation for incoming and outgoing shipment.
- Support the preparation of PMNOC & MoI documentation for Iraq-wide movements.
- Minimize operational costs, optimize efficiency, increase operations profitability.
- Main duties will be in the IZ but might require movement within the city, mainly to Baghdad International Airport.
- Handling & controlling original paperwork that needs to be submitted to authorities; ensuring copies are kept and uploaded to the individual jobs accordingly
- Adhere to local and externally relevant health and safety laws and policies.
- Identify and develop best practices for gate, check points and escort procedures.
- Proactively manage changes, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Constant communication with other Move One locations on requirements.
- Send regular updates on changes to IZ entrance/exit policies and procedures, chanes to the rules and regulations within the IZ to the local Iraq, BO & HQ support teams and the SMT.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years’ Experience working in the IZ
- Strong English skills (written and verbal) are essential.
- Arabic speaker is not essential but is highly welcomed
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and familiarity with web-based applications
- Work effectively on your own, work well under pressure and able to work long hours
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees, agents and field offices.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Flexible working hours
- Awareness and acceptance of cultural differences