MSELECT is looking to hire a Mechanical & Plumbing Engineer for a international oil and gas client in Basrah. Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years in relevant experience and fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
HQ Phase II will be a mixed-use facility strategically placed in Iraq to serve oil field operations. This phase of the development will include the construction of the below listed facilities.
Facilities: HQ building (19,900m2), residential buildings (13,500m2), power plant, sewerage treatment plant, reverse osmosis plant, utilities distribution, roadworks, landscape.
- Full time 5/2
- To provide support Phase II Team in all aspects of Mechanical & Plumbing Engineering.
- To plan, direct, schedule, coordinate and budget a wide range of projects.
- To promote the safety and health of the workforce
- To develop a culture that emphasizes safety, quality, continuous improvement, and high performance
- Report to Phase II Project Manager.
- Management, planning, design, design reviews, reporting of progress and method statements.
- Complete a variety of assignments such as drawings, specifications and other materials suitable for procurement and construction purposes.
- Interface with the other disciplines to ensure proper co-ordination of the mechanical & plumbing aspects of the project.
- Perform complex engineering tasks effectively and accurately.
- Prepare engineering computations and surveys.
- Monitor works for conformance with the provisions of the contract documents and the procedures manual.
- Assist in the process of review and approval of all relevant technical submittals.
- Receive/action Request for Information (RFI) that apply to discipline.
- Supervise activities and operations relevant to specialism/discipline.
- Assist contractor where necessary for relevant Employer approvals.
- Review contractors' claims related to discipline. Prepare recommendations for claims approval or rejection. Assist in negotiations with contractors.
- Witness testing and commissioning of the works.
- Approve the contractors' ‘as-built’ drawings.
- Assist with the final inspection of the work. Review the adequacy and accuracy of snagging lists. Monitor final completion of the work.
Criteria & Qualifications
- Degree or equivalent experience BSc in Mechanical Engineering, 5 years + overall experience.
- Previous demonstrable mechanical & plumbing design capability on similar project.
- Experience in the design of mechanical, water, wastewater, solid waste, drainage and environmental impact assessments.
- Proficiency in utilizing various CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with relevant engineering discipline.
- Ability to liaise professionally and competently with construction Contractors.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent people skills.
- Experience in database management.
- Ability to collate information accurately.
- Able to work alone and as part of a team.
- Able to prioritize work and understand the practical application of confidentiality.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process