MSELECT is looking for a qualified Mechanical Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil, minimum 10 years of maintenance experience in a production facility including 5 years in management level Familiar with international industry standards and protocols, fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic is a must.
Plans and supervises all functions and operations of the Production Department utilizing technical and problem solving skills and specialized engineering knowledge to ensure that the all maintenance activities are budgeted, planned and implemented. Achieve reliable, efficient and safe the maintenance and repair of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment for Production Facilities, Wells and Pipelines at optimum cost.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and ensure that all mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment maintenance and repair is done in a safe and prudent manner.
- Monitor the power generation units and power distribution, ensure power is available at all times.
- Ensure that the permit to work and isolation systems are in place and followed.
- Ensure the proper implementation of the Maintenance System (MS).
- Operate, maintain and repair as necessary the engine cooling water system, lube oil system, and fuel system.
- Supervise the maintenance and repair of all pumps and valves of the ballast system, thrusts, associated driven pumps and auxiliary equipment.
- Plan equipment periodic maintenance according to the MS guidelines and coordinate that maintenance with Production Director and other department heads.
- Carry out classification society surveys as part of continuous survey of machinery.
- Liaise with the Production Director to ensure that all third-party equipment is fit for purpose, certified, correctly installed, and maintained while on the production facilities site.
- Maintain an adequate supply of spares to fulfill maintenance requirements and facilitate a safe and efficient operation.
- Inform the Production Director and other department heads of any technical problems or limitations that may affect the safe operation of the production facilities.
- Implement the follow-up requirements to audits, as issued by Clients, Regulatory Authorities or production facility management.
- Ensure that reports for repair and maintenance of equipment are accurate and complete.
- Assist the Production Director in supplying information for maintenance and repair budget.
- Communicate equipment problems or breakdown information via direct supervisor to Production Department Group.
- Incorporate the HSE planning process into all tasks, whether working alone or as part of a team
- Ensure subordinate personnel are properly trained to perform HSE observations and monitoring whenever an unplanned hazard or a change in the expected results is observed
- Demonstrate commitment to Company safety policies through leadership and guidance- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements for environmental protection
- Actively participate in weekly safety meetings and pre-tour meetings as required Report any incidents, potential hazards or abnormal situations to the Production Director and other department heads
- Prepare Safety Analysis for hazardous situations
- Mentor, develop and train crew members to ensure they are competent to work at their next job level Ensure that all subordinates have the necessary skills and experience to fulfill their assigned tasks in a safe and efficient manner
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years of maintenance experience in a production facility of which five years should have been at management level Familiar with international industry standards and protocols.
- High level of mechanical technical knowledge and application.
- Excellent organizational, management and planning skills.
- Proven ability to educate and motivate.
- Data analysis and report writing skills.
- Must have good computer skills like MS Office, Maximo.
- Ability to build relationships with staff and contractors with a focus on collaboration.
- Quick and sound decision making and judgement.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to engage in technical discussion and run meetings with engineers and contractors.
- Proficient in verbal and written Arabic, Kurdish and English.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.