MSELECT is looking for a qualified Mechanical Technician in Kurdistan to join an international Oil and Gas operator. Candidates must have at least 5 years’ experience in similar role, Fluency in English and Kurdish is a must.
Job Summary and Scope of Responsibilities
Responsible to Mechanical supervisor for the planning, review, creation and execution of all mechanically related maintenance activities on field's installations in accordance with both local and industry standards. Assist in troubleshooting and fault finding on static and rotating equipment/systems. Authorized as performing authority under Permit to work system. Assist in development of mechanical maintenance procedures, job plans and work instructions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in all mechanical maintenance activities at field LPG recovery plant.
- Understand technical Governmental and Company rules, regulations and procedures.
- Understand field’s maintenance strategy and philosophy and participates in the development/ implementation of condition monitoring procedures/routines.
- Applies for work permits, understands and implements the permit conditions prior to commencement of work.
- Assist in the development of risk assessments, participates in safety and toolbox meetings.
- Acts as a team-player in the multifunctional operations and maintenance team.
- Promotes HSE culture.
- Utilize troubleshooting skills to solve mechanical and related problems both independently and in liaison with other departments.
- Supervises third party inspections, where applicable.
- Possess knowledge and understanding of static and rotating equipment.
- Assist in the development and implementation of procedures and work instructions for the completion of mechanical related tasks.
- Checks the functionality of equipment and measuring instruments.
- Conversant with CMMS including preparation of material requisition and work order management and materials and warehousing.
- Communicates with vendors and supply chain for technical support.
- Assists in mentoring, training, and appraising maintenance personnel.
- Ensures that plant and equipment is maintained according to compliance and integrity standards in order to meet
- expected reliability and ‘uptime’ Key Performance Indicators.
- Liaises closely with Operations, Maintenance and Engineering teams in activity planning, MOC development and cost control.
- Ensures that all activities are accurately recorded in the maintenance management system, providing all necessary reports
- Reports to the Mechanical Supervisor –on all issues relating to mechanical department.
- Identify/suggest ideas to improve performance within Mechanical department.
- Exhibits and maintains excellent working relationships with all CreDan staff.
- Supports on job training programs to enhance essential competencies and behaviours to allow development.
Reviews and amends min/max levels of spare parts to ensure continuity of mechanical maintenance activities
Working and Other Relationships
Maintenance, Civil, Operations, Planning, Engineering, Supply Chain, and HSE, etc
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
Mechanical Diploma qualification
Minimum Professional Experience Required
At least 5 years’ experience in the oil & gas and/or related industries. Preferred candidate with experience in natural
gas engine and hands on experience working on static equipment.
Mentor Mechanical technicians.
Supervising contractors and third parties, where applicable
Special Requirements and Conditions
Must be physically fit, able to work under severe weather conditions and able to climb ladders and stair cases to
elevated work platforms to monitor/repair static and rotating equipment
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good communication skill in English (spoken & written)
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Experience in OJT.
- Time management
- Problem solving skills
- Able to react in case of emergencies in order to assure that the safety is not jeopardized.
- High team spirit awareness
- Self-starter, flexible, initiative, positive approach to all aspects of work.
- Knowledge of static and rotating equipment as it applies to oil and gas industry.
- Maintain and improve mechanical static and rotating equipment availability and reliability.
- Authorized as performing authority in Permit to Work (PTW) system.
- Demonstrate Leadership skills.
- Good working knowledge of MS office
- Analytical skills to identify and resolve mechanical related problems
- Awareness of emergency response plans.
- Working knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems (such as Maximo) and Integrity (risk based) maintenance procedures
- Experience of working with various types of rotating equipment including pumps, compressors, power generation packages and related systems.
- Fully experienced in working with safety basic understanding of local safety management legislation