Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with concerned organisations based on a participatory approach, and coordinate activities among organisations related to the project.
- Support project partners in ensuring effective communication about available micro finance services and identification of potential clients for micro finance services and paid-employment support
- Provide technical support to local partners in referring the micro finance clients to relevant social and health services available in selected communities
- Support implementation of the project in compliance with contract requirements.
- Study and master information on existing micro finance services and procedures of project partner organisations to provide effective support in working with different self-help groups and other channels to communicate and identify potential clients for micro finance services
- Collaborate closely with project partners and micro finance clients to identify needs for business development and coordinate with sub-contractors for support.
- Collaborate closely with self-help groups to identify needs for paid-employment and refer potential clients to appropriate services.
- Conduct follow-up and coordinate with local subcontractors and partners to ensure effective provision of relevant business development support and loan utilisation monitoring to micro finance clients
- Assist in preparing terms of reference and budget estimates for related workshops and training based on proposals and on discussion with counterparts using participatory methods
- Maintain the organisation of plans and reports related to projects and programs, keeping program and project administration in order.
- Participate in technical meetings and workshops related to the areas of responsibility.
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree in finance or other relevant area.
- Experience in working with mass organisations at community level is preferred.
- Ability or willingness to communicate and work with people from diverse socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent and demonstrated organisational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to perform well with minimal supervision.
- Present a professional demeanour and exercise professional judgement.
- Ability to prioritise work assignments; capable of making decisions which will foster timely work completion.
- Willing and ability to travel domestically.
- Strong English language skills preferred.
- Fluency in English and Kurdish or Arabic
- Good computer skills, especially Excel, Words, PowerPoint
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.