Migration/Reintegration Advisor Migration Advice Center Context
The Global Programme “Programme Migration for Development” (PME) is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) to establish migration advice structures in eleven partner countries of German Development Cooperation.
The objective of the programme is to strengthen the development-relevant contributions of migrants in their countries of origin and improve the framework conditions for legal migration in selected partner countries. This objective is actively being pursued by the following components:
- Migration Policy Advice
- Migration Advice
- Development-oriented Return of Migrants
- Diaspora Cooperation
Migration advice includes counselling services and information on vocational and educational programs and employment opportunities in the country of question. For this purpose, counselling services are tailored to each individual and kept open-ended. Apart from assessing each case individually and subsequent referencing and counselling services, the programme provides tailored support and qualification measures. The PME is in the process of establishing a second center in Baghdad and is looking for two additional advisers. Are you a creative solution maker? Proactive and research driven with attention to detail? If yes, then this Migration and Reintegration Adviser opportunity could be for you.
Overall Purpose of Post
The position holder will carry out advice and support giving services in the above-mentioned frame to individuals seeking counselling and support, including individuals interested in migrating to and returnees from Germany. He/she works in a team of advisors under the supervision of the National Coordinator. He/she researches, compiles and makes available relevant information, offers and actors in legal migration and reintegration offers (business start-up, job placement, vocational training, psychosocial support and others) in Iraq. He/she exchanges with his/her counter parts in Germany to provide country-specific information to migrants intending to migrate to Germany and migrants interested in returning to Iraq. He/she cooperates with relevant counterparts within bilateral projects of OFFICE and OFFICE country office as well as implementing partners, service providers and institutions. He/she supports the team in the development of the activities and approaches of the centres. He/she additionally supports the team during field-work in regard of communication with various actors.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Providing counselling to above mentioned target groups.
- Researching relevant information on existing actors and offers in social and professional reintegration, business start-up, job placement offers and vocational training providers.
- Research and map private sector companies in Iraq and contribute to job creation measures.
- Contributing to information events related to advice giving for target group.
- In close coordination with the Communication Adviser designing and carry out outreach activities for the target group.
- Communicating with relevant stakeholders in the field.
- Cooperating with counterparts in the frame of the global programme and providing updated reintegration related information.
- Backstopping to the National Coordinator regarding activities of the government in this topic.
- Researching and monitoring the labour market as well as transnational economic activities between the Iraq and Germany – providing related information to the team.
- Contributing to the planning, implementation and monitoring of the project activities including tracking of clients.
- Ensuring effective communication and flow of information within OFFICE and with other relevant actors.
- Ensuring good flow of information and coordination with all local and international partners.
- Researching, reviewing, preparing relevant reports and documents, including the input on weekly updates, monthly and annual reports.
- Frequent travelling and working in the whole country, especially to Baghdad.
- Organizing events and provide minutes of meetings, workshops and seminars on national and international level.
- Supporting the visibility and outreach of the project services through social media.
- Updating the relevant folders of the OFFICE (DMS and Public Folder) knowledge management to facilitate access to key information for tenders such as project references, performance confirmations from clients etc.
- Liaise with political and implementing partners as well as other OFFICE programmes operating in Iraq.
- Engaging in other activities as assigned by the National Coordinator.
- Ensuring the context-sensitive implementation of concepts and tools.
- University degree, preferably in the field of Social Sciences, Psychology, Education, Business or other related profiles.
- At least 2 to 4 years of working experience in a related position.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic, German language skills are an advantage.
- Attention to detail with a strong focus on privacy and protection of sensitive personal data and information.
- Experience in working with or in the field of development cooperation and/or labour market policy/migration.
- Knowledge in the field of migration and asylum.
- Knowledge in the employment sector in the country of deployment and its migration policy.
- Knowledge in the legal basis for labour migration to Germany is an asset.
- Excellent team-working and communication skills.
- Experience in psychosocial counselling is an asset.
- Ability to work and perform under pressure independently.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are imperative whilst multitasking to support various colleagues and meeting tight deadlines.
- Service-oriented attitude and interpersonal skills, including adapting communication to different recipients and networking in the country of deployment and with the international community;
- Able to establish good and respectful working relationship with all staff in the organization, demonstrating accountability and transparency to the roles and responsibilities;
- Good IT skills;
- Fast-learner and willingness to be flexible and prepared to contribute to the organisation in other duties as required.