MSELECT is looking to hire a Migration and Reintegration Advisor, for an international development organization in Baghdad, candidate must have minimum 2 years of relevant experience and proficiency in English and Arabic is a must.
Overall purpose of post
The position holder will carry out advice and support giving services in the above-mentioned frame to individuals seeking counselling and support. He/She researches, compiles and makes available relevant information, offers and actors in the area of legal migration and reintegration offers (business start-up, job placement, vocational training, psychosocial support and others) in Iraq. He/She exchanges with his/her counter parts in Germany in order to provide country-specific information to migrants intending to migrate to Germany and migrants interested in returning to Iraq. He/She cooperates with relevant counterparts within bilateral projects of OFFICE and OFFICE country office, He/She supports the team in the development of the activities and approaches of the centers. He/She additionally supports the team during field-work in regard of communication with various actors.Tasks and responsibilities
- Providing counselling to above mentioned target groups.
- Researching relevant information on existing actors and offers in the area of social and professional reintegration.
- Contributing to information events related to advice giving for target group.
- In close coordination with the Communication Adviser designing and carry out outreach activities for the target group.
- Communicating with relevant stakeholders in the field.
- Cooperating with counterparts in the frame of the global program and providing updated reintegration related information.
- Backstopping to the line manager in regard to activities of the government in this topic.
- Researching and monitoring the labor market as well as transnational economic activities between the Iraq and Germany – providing related information to the team.
- Contributing to the planning, implementation and monitoring of the project activities including tracking of clients.
- Ensuring good communication and flow of information within OFFICE and with other relevant actors.
- Ensuring good flow of information and coordination with all local and international partners.
- Researching, reviewing, preparing relevant reports and documents, including the input on weekly updates, monthly and annual reports.
- Frequent travelling and working in the whole area, especially to Erbil.
- Organizing events and provide minutes of meetings, workshops and seminars on national and international level.
- Supporting the visibility and outreach of the project services through social media.
- Updating the relevant folders of the OFFICE (DMS and Public Folder) knowledge management to facilitate access to key information for tenders such as project references, performance confirmations from clients etc.
- Liaise with other OFFICE programmes operating in Iraq.
- Engaging in other activities as assigned by the program management.
- Ensuring the context-sensitive implementation of concepts and tools.
- University degree, preferably in the field of Social Sciences, Psychology, Pedagogics or other related profiles.
- At least 2 to 4 years of working experience in a related position.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic, German language skills are an advantage.
- Attention to detail with a strong focus on privacy and protection of sensitive personal data and information.
- Experience in working with or in the field of development cooperation and/or labor market policy/migration.
- Experience in advising job-seekers or similar clients.
- Knowledge in the field of migration and asylum.
- Knowledge in the employment sector in the country of deployment and its migration policy.
- Knowledge in the legal basis for labor migration to Germany is an asset.
- Excellent team-working and communication skills.
- Experience in psychosocial counselling is an asset.
- Ability to work and perform under pressure independently.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are imperative whilst multitasking to support various colleagues and meeting tight deadlines.
- Service-oriented attitude and interpersonal skills, including adapting communication to different recipients and networking in the country of deployment and with the international community
- Able to establish good and respectful working relationship with all staff in the organization, demonstrating accountability and transparency to the roles and responsibilities;
- Good IT skills.
- Fast-learner and willingness to be flexible and prepared to contribute to the organization in other duties as required.
Duty Station: Baghdad with frequent travel to other areas region as well as the rest of Iraq when required
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process