MSELECT is looking for a Corporate Lawyer for one of its largest clients, an international industrial company based in Sulaimaniya. Candidate must have a minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience, hold a Bachelor’s degree in Law or other related discipline and must speak Kurdish, English and Arabic at a professional level.
- Provide legal advice for all departments within the company.
- Take part in review and/or draft and/or negotiation of the contract (including templates), i.e. sales agreements, purchase agreements, distribution agreements, etc.
- Conduct legal research and/or procure the legal compliance report respecting all areas of Iraq laws including but without limitation to, corporate management, labor, and taxation.
- Deal with legal disputes involving the company under authorization.
- Ensure all corporate information, significant commitments and off-balance sheet commitments are reported properly and on time in the legal reporting database (blue print) of the Group) for all group entities in Iraq.
- Help the respective departments of the company to adopt and implement all policies, procedure and best practices Group and in addition any other policies, procedures and best practices required to be implemented under the local laws and in view of the local business environment.
- Implement corporate governance best practices including the board/general meetings regularly providing information and documents in advance and as required by law and thereby help managing relationship with local partners, ensuring proper delegation of authorities to conduct transactions on behalf of the company) Supporting for all issues belonging to the company also cooperating Iraq legal team for other entities.
- Supporting in obtaining the required licenses, permits and authorizations for its businesses and developments and help the company (the concerned department) to obtain the same, maintain validity by timely renewal, if applicable, and complying with its terms and conditions).
- Hold a Bachelor’s in Law or a higher academic degree.
- Have a minimum of 2-3 years legal experience.
- Fluent in Kurdish, English and Arabic (reading and writing).
- Work under pressure with priorities and reschedules if necessary.
- Be adaptable by responding positively to the changing circumstances
- Present and share legal information clearly and precisely.
- Manage finance (budget; prepare and present financial statement as required).
- Manage project by planning, delegating, monitoring and managing key milestones.