One of our NGO clients is looking for a full-time Monitoring and Evaluation Manager to work in their office in Erbil with regular travel to other sites within KRI. The M&E Manager will be the technical lead on the M&E needs of the program and will be responsible for the design and maintenance of data management systems and processes, and for staff training on those systems and processes, to ensure good quality data.
Data Management and Analysis:
- Lead in the development of M&E systems and processes for all program activities.
- Develop M&E assessment and data management tools.
- Create surveys and feedback questions for beneficiary input.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in data collection and management systems and make improvements where required.
- Oversee data collection.
- Perform field visits to conduct routine monitoring of program activities to ensure the accuracy of data collected and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Support programs staff in data analysis for the purposes of reporting, course-correction and lessons learned.
- As appropriate, make recommendations to programs staff based on M&E data.
- Work closely with programs staff to prepare reports in accordance with donor requirements.
- Design evaluation questions and help define evaluation requirements for an independent evaluation at program completion.
- Ensure safe and ethical storage of data.
- Design needs assessments.
- Document lessons learned.
- Develop and implement beneficiary feedback mechanisms to ensure accountability.
- Update program dashboard on monthly basis.
- Conduct assessments of staff and the staff of sub-grantee organizations to identify gaps in M&E skills.
- Based on the results of those assessments, develop an M&E capacity building plan.
- Deliver training to staff and staff of sub-grantee organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation in the humanitarian and development fields.
- Proven technical skills in M&E, with experience in mental health and psychosocial support programming, a plus.
- Experience conducting M&E on US-government funded programs.
- Experience of working with UN or Non-Governmental organizations.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis using packages like SPSS, MS-Excel, and GBVIMS.
- Strong interpretation, report-writing and presentation skills.
- Experience in program development.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, includes Word, Excel and Powerpoint.?
- Fluent in spoken and written English; Kurdish or Arabic, a plus.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Flexible approach to manage and prioritize a high workload and multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Good social skills to establish strong working relationships with colleagues.
Kindly write your cover letter in the first page of your CV.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.