MSELECT is looking to hire a National Logistics Manager for an automotive client based in Erbil. Candidate must have minimum 9 years of experience in logistics and excellent command of English, Arabic and Kurdish language speaker
Overall Objective of the Job
The National Logistics Manager is responsible for all aspects of logistics nationally, including providing logistics support functions to ensure the delivery of spare parts and cars in the required time, quantities and types / models.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manages the implementation of the Logistics function plans, and ensures their compliance with rules and policies.
- Develops the Logistics function work plan, assigns work activities, projects and programs, monitors workflow, reviews and evaluates work methods and procedures, and directs such activities to serve the Function goals and plans.
- Proposes plans and programs that boost the effectiveness of the Logistics function.
- Ensures that work activities are carried out achieving the pre-set performance goals, and suggests any necessary actions to the direct supervisor.
- Follows-up developments and new technologies and adopts best international and national practices in the workplace.
- Ensures all logistics plans have an integrated approach to the organizations strategic objectives.
- Oversees the supply chain management for company cars including inventory management, stock controls, transportation and delivery to the stockyards, and ensure the completion of all related procedural and
- Analyzes data, assesses risks, determines most effective and efficient logistic alternatives, monitors performance and plans improvements of vehicle supply chain and stock control.
- Provides feedback to the subordinates on lead time delays, and other requirements necessitating changes in parts and cars shipping and delivery parameters.
- Develops business by analyzing logistical problems and producing new company stockyards and sets policies and procedures to ensure the proper safeguarding of assets/cars.
- Oversees the performance of cars inventory control and related analysis and ensure the delivery of cars in the required time, quantities and specifications.
- Ensures all cars are transferred from the stockyards to the correct location and in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with the National Sales for demand forecasts and orders and plan for providing the required logistics support accordingly.
- Maintains awareness of external influences such as legislation, fuel costs, environmental pressures, and conflict in surrounding areas that may affect business.
- Maintains vehicle stock allocation integrity based on Branch order and shipping schedules fulfill customer/branch orders in the order they were received.
- Ensures management of stockyards is in line with Government legislation at all times.
- Ensures the delivery of parts in the required time, quantities and specifications in coordination with the Spare Parts Department
- Ensures total compliance with Logistics operations policy and procedures and all local laws.
- Provides guidance and leadership to the logistics department team, and ensures they have the proper technical and professional capabilities to carry out their tasks in the most efficient way that serves the department’s standards.
- Prepares periodic reports with respect to the function's activities and achievements to the direct supervisor.
- Specifies manpower requirements for the department according to the recruitment and selection and manpower planning practices
- Recommends training needs of subordinates’ and evaluating the outcomes of training courses in coordination with the concerned human resources personnel.
- Conducts performance appraisals for subordinates’ according to scheduled plans and recommending necessary actions as per the applied practices.
- Conducts periodic meetings with subordinates to follow up on the smooth running of activities and keeping abreast with latest business-related practices.
- Performs any related task as requested by the direct supervisor.
- Sales Department.
- Service Department.
- Spare Parts Department.
- Iraq (Distributors)
- Transportation Agencies
- Insurance Companies
Educational Level/ Required Certificates:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration or an equivalent field,
- Master degree in Business Administration (MBA) is preferred.
- Minimum of 9 years of experience in logistics.