MSELECT is looking to hire a Network Field Service Engineer for an international operator in Basra, solid experience working as hands on remote support on Oil & Gas field network technologies is requested, fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
The main operating base is a secure environment in the south of the oilfield. This contains the hub of the operations and most of the IT users. There are around 30 outlying sites. Significant growth is planned over the next few years with additional applications, offices and facilities being built to support the increasing production targets. This will increase the demand for network, information security and telephony infrastructure and Support Services.
IT has a developing infrastructure that introduces frequent change that needs to be managed effectively and speedily. This infrastructure will see significant growth and transformation over the next five years and beyond. The Network field service engineer will assist the Senior Network Infrastructure Engineer in the delivery and support of network services, working with various implementation groups to deliver network project’s to agreed costs and timescales, maintaining quality and ensuring compliance with relevant governance, regulations, standards and policies. The role requires an individual who can work in a fast changing environment, implementing solution, maintaining quality and ensuring compliance with relevant regulations, standards and policies.
- Assist the Network Infrastructure Engineer to ensure trouble-free operations of telecoms infrastructure including core network infrastructure, data centre and campus LAN, terrestrial and VSAT WAN.
- Assist the Network Infrastructure Engineer to identify risks to service delivery, recommend options to address risks and execute approved options.
- Work with the Network Infrastructure Engineer to develop infrastructure capability to meet agreed service targets.
- Delivery of telecom enhancement projects.
- Primary Remote hands-on support across field network.
- Define and execute telecoms related 'changes'
- Provide 2nd/3rd level support for network incidents.
- Inventory\Warehouse Management for all spare kit located across the Site.
- Create \ Update network documentations as required.
- Experience working as hands on remote support on Oil & Gas field network technologies.
- Experience in deploying network infrastructure solutions.
- Experience in Microwave Transmission Systems.
- Experience of working in Data Centre environments.
- Broad understanding of IT, security and IP telephony
- Ability to work within a multicultural environment.
- Willingness to be deployed across field network sites throughout the working day.
- Experience in a similar role in an oil/gas company
- CCNA\ CCNP R&S
- University level education preferably in Engineering / IT or related discipline.
- ITIL Foundations.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work with staff at all levels in an organisation
- Proactive thinking – the ability to come up with options and solutions
- Good attention to detail
- Delivery focused
- Willing to challenge and be challenged
- Motivating, positive, energetic, helpful
- Leads by example
- Demonstrates strong customer empathy
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.