We are looking for an Oil & Gas Construction Supervisor on behalf of our O&G Service company in Kurdistan, Erbil.
- At least 5 years experience as a construction manager in the oil and gas sector.
- Successful candidate should have demonstrable evidence of Construction Management over 3 or more substantial projects on time and on budget in the oil and gas sector.
- Graduate in process and/or mechanical engineering or equivalent technical qualification.
- Responsible for the day-to-day on site running of a multi-phase, multi-disciplinary construction project.
- Prepare sites prior to the commencement of construction work; to set out the site and organize facilities.
- Define the detailed construction plan in collaboration with the Project Team and in line with the general project program.
- Define the necessary logistical structures (camp of living quarters, offices, yards, material receipt and storage points, etc.), local transportation, communications, vehicle and equipment maintenance, and ensures their correct management. Collaborate and participate with the Project Engineer in the verification of the Engineering with regard to the construction feasibility aspects.
- Supervise the assembly work carried out directly, and the activities carried out by the Contractors.
- Defines the resources (personnel, vehicles, and equipment) necessary for the execution of the construction activities and the mobilization program.
- Issues periodic reports on Client relations, the course and results of the activity carried on by the Company, Vendors and Subcontractors, the critical aspects, and the progress forecasts of the yard activities. Monitor the progress and the observance of deadlines. Collaborate with the Project Manager to identify and apply any corrective actions necessary for limiting deviations from estimates.
- Report to the Project Manager any non-conformances found at the moment of receipt of the materials and prepares claims for damages to materials during transportation.
- Aid the Project Manager in managing disputes with Partners, Vendors, Subcontractors, and Insurance Companies.
- Ensure the issuing of the voucher documentation of the invoices to the Client.
- Check and approve the voucher documentation for the payment requests received from Subcontractors and Vendors.
- Check the project cash flow, in relation to the site.
- Oversees the functional tests and gives the report to the Client, together with the required certificates.
- Plan and organize the demobilization and closing of the sites on fulfillment of the contract obligations according to the progress of the work.
- Involved in the role is the managing of quality control, HSE checks and the inspection of work carried out.
- Responsible for managing communications between all parties involved in the on-site development of the project.
- Good communication, management and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills, aligned with technical ability
- Commercial awareness
- Self-motivated with ability to motivate team members