MSELECT is looking to hire an Operations Director for an international oil operator. Minimum 10 years of experience at similar position (Drilling lead or manager) with the oil and gas industry.
Operations Director is responsible for every aspect of daily operations and supervises all employees working on the Oil and Gas Fields as well as drilling and seismic activities. This includes compliance with Company policies, rules and regulations, ensuring that employees and onsite personnel are working safely, planning maintenance and minimizing downtime and non-productive time. Operations Director provides leadership, safety compliance and direction in resolving operational and personnel issues. The Operations Director is also responsible for planning and directing production operations, field logistic, as well as regular communication with Company personnel, third parties and Customer representatives.
This role performs under the direction of the Country Branch Manager.
- Prepare Well Statement of Requirements (Well SOR) in accordance with company drilling policies, and all technical documentation related to drilling.
- Prepare and negotiate the Drilling contracts in accordance with the contracting strategy.
- Monitor and control contractor’s achievements in accordance with contractual requirements in areas such as HSE, technical requirements, cost, planning.
- Identify reasons for potential schedule slippage and propose remedial actions.
- Manage SIMOPS, interfaces and maintain close coordination with others technical teams.
- Ensure that final documentation, complete and of good quality, is delivered to Company in due course.
- Supervising the drilling process
- Provide leadership to ensure safety of all onsite personnel with goal of working incident-free
- Supervision, direction and training of operation crew members including compliance with all safety and operational procedures
- Management of all operations, production, maintenance, costs and personnel to the meet the Company's business objectives
- Initiate and foster productive partnership with Customer representative
- Understand and use basic management concepts and principles including delegation, motivation, discipline, goal setting and performance evaluation
- Efficiently and proficiently operate and maintain equipment by planning preventative maintenance including necessary replacement supplies
- Anticipate, quickly troubleshoot and resolve operational, equipment and maintenance issues to minimize downtime
- Adhere to Company policies, guidelines and work requirements
- Promote a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees of all backgrounds feel included and their contributions are valued
- Promptly address and resolve concerns and disputes among team members and customers with the goal of building a stronger, more cohesive work group
- Lead pre- and post-tour meetings including crew fit-for-duty evaluations
- Work independently and prioritize tasks while managing distraction
- Responsibility for Company resources, equipment, and personnel
- Read / write emails and prepare daily paperwork including status reports and other business matters related to operations
- Work indoors and outdoors, standing, walking, and sitting, regularly climb steep stairs, walk on slick and uneven surfaces
- While performing the job, will be required to lift/carry, pull/push, reach, squat, kneel, and or climb ladders or stairs
- Maintain spatial orientation and awareness to safely move around work environment with many moving objects
- Clear vision to judge near and far distances to maintain awareness of, watch, and direct ongoing work activities of employees and third party
- Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent needed to understand verbal and written instructions and to give clear verbal and written instructions in English to direct employees and third parties as well as communicate with Customer representatives
- Demonstrated ability to successfully complete duties of all operations crew positions (Floor hand, Motor hand, Derrick hand)
- Must possess strong computer skills (.e.g., reports, email, spreadsheets, graphs, etc.)
- Must be able to utilize standard formulas and basic mathematical equations to compute and report various operation metrics
- Must be able to verbally communicate directions and expectations effectively to the crew and third partie
- Suitable candidates should hold an Engineering Degree in Oil&Gas Related Discipline: Drilling or Petroleum Engineering;
- 10 years minimum of experience at similar position (Drilling lead or manager) on onshore Projects.
- Perfect understanding of the Contractual relationships between Company and all Contractors.
- Furthermore, candidates must have experience with exploration, appraisal and development well drilling in a greenfield and brownfield environment.
- Senior experience, Engineer level or equivalent.
- Field operations experience (preferable gas fields with H2S)
- Excellent oral and written communication, teamwork, planning and organization skills
Demonstrated ability in the following leadership competencies:
- Builds and Maintains Effective Relationship
- Develops Self and Others
- Builds Effective Teams
- Courageous Leadership
Managing Vision and Purpose
- Drive for Results
- Decision Quality
- Well Control
- CPR/First Aid
- Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Safety Training
- Must be able to complete Supervisory Well Control course within 14 days of start date