MSELECT is hiring a Operations Discipline Training Lead for a major global oil and gas client in Basrah with minimum of 6 years of experience in Oil and Gas in the same role is requried, the candidate will be working as full-time employee, fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
The role will be based at the company HQ located in the south,
and whilst on rotation the person will be required to live at the
The Operations Discipline Training Lead role is responsible to
lead the development and implementation of technical capability
development within the Operations Department (Technicians,
Operations, Maintenance, Engineering) disciplines for the
company to ensure
- Staff are trained to international standard proficiency
- Identified staff are developed to allow Nationalisation of selected positions
Implementation and communication of Operations Capability Vision and Strategy
- Implement sustainable strategy for Operations discipline skills development
- Performance management of master service agreements for Operations training services at the company
- Carry out and periodically refresh capability needs analysis for Operations to identify training options
Technical curriculum development and management
- Develop learning and development framework that follows the best practice model of 70|20|10 (also known as Experience, Exposure and Education)
- Development of operations curriculum and assessment to cover the range of technical knowledge and practical skills required for specific roles with the company
- Management of day to day discipline training courses including 3rd party training providers to maintain relationships, assure delivery standards and ensure best value for the company
Implementation of Competence Assurance Programmed for technician and safety critical roles
- Implementation of a competence assurance programmed that operates to internationally recognized standards. This will be the primary process used to enable disciplines to demonstrate they both have a competent workforce and have training programs identified to address any skills gaps.
- Coordinate local delivery of Coaching, Assessor and Mentor training to support skills development programs.
- Manage local competence management tool for operations.
Lead / participate in the Operations Capability Forums and succession planning
- Regular direct communication with the technical departments to ensure discipline training meets business requirements.
- Manage data and reporting process, drawing appropriate conclusions and making recommendations to support ongoing success of program
Building deep relationships with key leadership and management positions across the company, and the Operations departments in particular.
- Share best practice from other disciplines and ensure transfer of best practices, efficiency and lessons learned.
- Support HR Learning Manager in the overall implementation and strategy of company development, training and nationalization plans and budgets.
- Work closely with the Operations Readiness team to ensure alignment.
Qualification and Criteria
- An Engineering or other relevant degree is required.
- Coaching, CMAS, HR accreditation / certification is preferred but not essential
- Experienced developing staff
- Strong and balanced operational or maintenance background with exposure to most aspects of Operations, Engineering and Maintenance activities
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills (verbal, presentation, written, meetings)
- Ability to see the bigger picture and retain focus on the strategy despite day to day and short-term pressure
- A passion for seeing people build their skills and ability to successfully coach other staff
- Effective team member able to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders (peers, senior leaders, vendors, and staff)
- High level of personal integrity, able to have honest respectful conversations at all levels in the organization.
- Able to lead and progress even when there is ambiguity.
- Fluent in English and Arabic
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.