MSELECT is looking to hire a Junior Mechanical Technician with minimum of 3 years of experience for an international oil operator to be based in Zakho, Iraq.
To assist the Mechanical Technician in the daily maintenance of site facilities, under the guidance of the Mechanical Supervisor and in strict compliance with Company and regulatory requirements and in line with the routine and non-routine maintenance tasks.
Work will be undertaken on a wide variety of power generation equipment, oil and gas production equipment and utilities system equipment along with domestic systems supporting the camp and living facilities.
The Junior Mechanical Technician has no direct authority however he will develop the skills and experience of the Mechanical Technician in order to become authorised to maintain and repair the facilities mechanical equipment and systems.
Dismantle Repair and Reassemble Mechanical Equipment
- Develop knowledge in order that they can identify potential sources of hazard prior to dismantling
- Gain practical experience in using the correct procedures and correct method of dismantling
- Develop understanding of and practical experience of carrying out the correct isolation and disconnection procedure whilst under supervision.
- Gain experience in the identification, checking and preparation of components.
- Gain experience of and apply appropriate tests and test equipment to ensure reassembly is correct and effective
Use of Condition Monitoring on Mechanical Equipment
- Gain experience in the use of monitoring instruments to meet the operating specification
- Develop knowledge of what is required to make adjustments with minimum disruption to any ongoing activities and minimum waste of resources
- Under supervision, monitor equipment and record what has been carried out in work history or log
Diagnose faults in Mechanical Equipment
- Work alongside Mechanical Technician to respond promptly to problems in line with approved procedures
- Work alongside Mechanical Technician to select appropriate tests and diagnostic procedures and apply them methodically
- Work alongside Mechanical Technician to carry out Visual, Close and Detailed inspections on Mechanical equipment
- Develop knowledge in how to use the results of inspections to determine the appropriate actions to take
- Under supervision record an accurate and full description in the appropriate document history.
Maintain Pollution Control Measures
- Unplanned discharges to the environment are identified, halted where possible, and reported according to policy, procedure and regulation. Relevant PPE is used to deal with unplanned discharges using company procedures
- Equipment, waste or other materials for disposal are dealt with according to the correct procedure
- Environmental protection and pollution control are enforced effectively with colleagues, subordinates and subcontractors
Contribute to The Health and Safety of the Working Environment
- Work area within your own responsibility is kept clean and free of hazards
- Positive action is taken to stop hazards and unsafe behaviour
- Alarms are raised as appropriate and/or acted upon using applied policies and procedures or initiative
- Colleagues and subcontractors are alerted ASAP of any hazards or potentially dangerous changing conditions
- All potential and actual incidents are reported to the relevant supervisor
Emergency Response (See Station Bill)
- Develop competence during Emergency Response Drills and training exercises
- Qualified to N/SVQ/HNC/HND in mechanical technician or local technical school equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical work and some previous experience in this area.
- Basic understanding of safe working.
- Basic English language communication skills, spoken & written.
- Experience of working in a High H2S oil & gas facility is desirable.
- Medically fit
- Once recruited the Junior Mechanical Technician will be trained towards gaining experience to take on the Mechanical Technician role
- For the early phase of the project which is during commissioning and start-up the candidate shall have:
- Proven experience and/or qualified to N/SVQ/HNC/HND in mechanical technician or local technical school equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience preferred
- Medically fit
- Exemplary awareness of safety issues. Conscientious, flexible, versatile and determined
- Willingness to learn and develop their personal skill set.
- Good levels of written and spoken communication. Positive and assertive
- Some previous electrical experience in an industrial application.
- IT: Use standard MS ‘Office’ package electronic mail system and diagnostic software and equipment as required
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.