Mselect is looking for a Lap Technician for one of its Oil & Gas clients in Kurdistan with below details:
Support function within the oil and gas production facility to provide accurate, on time analytical testing and reporting of the results. Will be responsible for the overall operations of the laboratory including chemicals management and troubleshooting. Also will be responsible for the maintenance of laboratory equipment and maintenance of all data generated by the laboratory.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform routine and non-routine laboratory analyses to accurately determine all process and other parameters per the Analytical Schedule, and report results in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain procedures for the management of the laboratory which meet the requirements of the Standard Test Methods and Company’s policies.
- Manage inventory of chemicals, consumables and equipment within the laboratory.
- Develop and maintain a reporting system which meets the needs of the Quality Management System, required regulatory reporting Compliance with HOME ES&H regulations.
- Responsible for the coordination with suppliers and vendors as required to support troubleshooting and to fulfill the established maintenance plan.
- Provide technical guidance as to the selection of analytical methods to achieve desired test results
- Attend all safety meetings.
- Qualifications, Licenses and Certifications including H2S certification.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Technical diploma or equivalent experience.
- 2 years’ experience performing Standard Analytical Testing in an industrial setting.
- Must be able to speak, write and read English and Kurdish.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High degree of personal motivation to maintain accurate and consistent counts and issues, ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and to prioritize work correctly, strong player and an ability to work effectively in a high pressure environment.
- The ability to operate confidently within a teamwork environment, which depends on cooperation and communications to achieve group objectives.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare written and verbal reports.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural and multi-national environment.
- Skill in the use of Windows based personal computers in application of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather.
- Willingness to work on shift/rotation schedule.
- Has valid driver’s license.