We are seeking to hire a Project Manager to manage a university-based project to increase local capacity to provide mental health and psychosocial support services. The successful candidate will be an experienced Project Manager with prior experience in MHPSS programming and capacity building. The PM will work with and coordinate input from a range of international and local experts in clinical psychology, social work and MHPSS programming, university faculty, NGO and other NGO practitioners to bring together existing relevant teaching material and best practices. The successful candidate will have experience working with a broad diversity of people and has the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team, and speaks English and Kurdish or Arabic.
We are seeking a candidate to start in October 2016, to be based in Koya and Erbil with occasional travel to Duhok and Sulaimaniya, KRI on an eighteen month contract. This position is for a national or international candidate but no relocation expenses or housing allowance will be provided.
MHPSS Capacity Building:
- Support establishment of a university-based center for MHPSS, including a board of local and international experts to guide curriculum development and provision of education and capacity building training.
- Support the development of new content for the undergraduate clinical psychology program.
- Provide assistance to expand the number of institutions providing placements for undergraduate clinical psychology program students.
- Support the development of a curriculum for MHPSS practitioners.
- Develop work plans.
- Assist in translation and interpretation as required.
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E):
- Support program M&E, including developing tools, and make recommendations as necessary.
- Produce high quality reports on time and in line with donor requirements.
Finance and Budget Management:
- Oversee day-to-day budget management including making accurate projections and ensuring appropriate procurement in line with NGO’s policies and donor regulations.
Coordination and Organizational Representation:
- Represent the NGO at meetings.
- Develop strategic partnerships with local organizations.
- Maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders including donors, government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, and other relevant actors and program partners.
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology, development or other related field desired.
- At least two years of experience in MHPSS programming and capacity building.
- At least three years of management experience.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, and the ability to work with a variety of actors in a collaborative way.
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- Good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
- High standard of spoken and written English, and Arabic or Kurdish required.
- Good computer and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
Kindly write your cover letter in the first page of your CV.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.