Mselect is looking to hire a Draftsman for one of it's clients in the oil & gas service sector to be based in Erbil. The ideal candidate must be skilled in Auto Cad and must have minimum of 2 years of experience with fluency in the English language.
- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical equipment, dies/tools, and controls, using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment.
- Coordinate with and consult other workers to design, lay out, or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems.
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs.
- Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components or machinery, using computer-assisted equipment.
- Position instructions and comments onto drawings.
- Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- Check dimensions of materials to be used and assign numbers to the materials.
- Lay out and draw schematic, orthographic, or angle views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems, and machines.
- Draw freehand sketches of designs, trace finished drawings onto designated paper for the reproduction of blueprints, and reproduce working drawings on copy machines.
- Supervise and train other drafters, technologists, and technicians.
- Lay out, draw, and reproduce illustrations for reference manuals and technical publications to describe operation and maintenance of mechanical systems.
- Shade or color drawings to clarify and emphasize details and dimensions and eliminate background, using ink, crayon, airbrush, and overlays.
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 2 years of experience in a related field.
- Fluency in English language is required.
- Experienced in Auto Cad with design proficiency.