MSELECT is looking for a Planning Engineer to work for Baghdad and Babel with an international power and utilities client, minimum 2-5 years as a project planning engineer participating in civil-/ electrical engineering, fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
- The Planning Engineer supports the project management team and all relevant project disciplines with qualified scheduling and reporting.
- Responsible for monitoring of project schedule, events and influence its milestones and critical path.
- Successfully applies fundamental practices and procedures.
- Drives quality and improvements to minimize non-conformance.
- Establish programs with PMT (Project Management Team) taking design and engineering, civil and MEP works, subcontractors and other work activities into account.
- Close coordination with these disciplines in order to have feasible project program available.
- Tracked and monitoring all project activities on regular (weekly) basis. Support relevant PMT members in setting priorities on critical path activities and steering site/ project activities accordingly
- Supported project disciplines as e.g. civil works, site operations, electrical installation etc in establishing "sub-programs" providing more detail in order to manage/ control site activities in a professional manner
- Reviewed and implement suppliers submitted programs together with relevant PMT members in order to identify and eliminate errors which would lead to wrong project (sub-) programs
- Supported project disciplines in claim management in both directions upstream towards customer and downstream towards suppliers
- Attended regular meetings with customer, suppliers and internal team meetings to present actual situations, comparisons in between baseline and actual dates, impact at project end, critical path activities etc
- Supported the project team in effective co-ordination of all project related activities based on agreed programs.
- Abided by and comply with the Siemens Compliance and Business Conduct Guidelines.
- Ensured at all times that assigned tasks are operated in line with the QA process and procedures, statutory, regulatory and EHS requirements.
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent qualification
- 2-5 years as a project planning engineer participating in civil-/ electrical engineering and/or commissioning activities ? Advanced knowledge of Primavera 6.0
- Experience in project execution and project management
- Experience working in multi-national teams
- Fluent in English and Arabic
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.