MSELECT is looking to hire a Production Director for an international oil operator in Erbil, the candidate must have minimum 10 years of experience in a relevant role.
Production Director is responsible for every aspect of daily operations and supervises all employees working on the Oil and Gas fields as well as production and construction activities. This includes compliance with Company policies, rules and regulations, ensuring that employees and onsite personnel are working safely, planning maintenance and minimizing downtime and non-productive time. Production Director provides leadership, safety compliance and direction in resolving operational and personnel issues. The Production Director is also responsible for planning and directing production operations, field logistic, as well as regular communication with Company personnel, third parties and Customer representatives.
This role performs under the direction of the Country Branch Manager.
- Prepare and negotiate the Production and Construction contracts in accordance with the contracting strategy.
- Monitor and control contractor’s achievements in accordance with contractual requirements in areas such as HSE, technical requirements, cost, planning.
- Identify reasons for potential schedule slippage and propose remedial actions.
- Manage SIMOPS, interfaces and maintain close coordination with others technical teams.
- Ensure that final documentation, complete and of good quality, is delivered to Company in due course.
- Provide leadership to ensure safety of all onsite personnel with goal of working incident-free
- Supervision, direction and training of operation crew members including compliance with all safety and operational procedures
- Management of all operations, production, maintenance, costs and personnel to the meet the Company's business objectives
- Initiate and foster productive partnership with Customer representative
- Understand and use basic management concepts and principles including delegation, motivation, discipline, goal setting and performance evaluation
- Efficiently and proficiently operate and maintain equipment by planning preventative maintenance including necessary replacement supplies
- Anticipate, quickly troubleshoot and resolve operational, equipment and maintenance issues to minimize downtime
- Adhere to Company policies, guidelines and work requirements
- Promote a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees of all backgrounds feel included and their contributions are valued
- Promptly address and resolve concerns and disputes among team members and customers with the goal of building a stronger, more cohesive work group
- Lead pre- and post-tour meetings including crew fit-for-duty evaluations
- Work independently and prioritize tasks while managing distractions
- Responsibility for Company resources, equipment, and personnel
- Read / write emails and prepare daily paperwork including status reports and other business matters related to operations
- Work indoors and outdoors, standing, walking, and sitting, regularly climb steep stairs, walk on slick and uneven surfaces
- While performing the job, will be required to lift/carry, pull/push, reach, squat, kneel, and or climb ladders or stairs
- Maintain spatial orientation and awareness to safely move around work environment with many moving objects
- Clear vision to judge near and far distances to maintain awareness of, watch, and direct ongoing work activities of employees and third parties
- Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent needed to understand verbal and written instructions and to give clear verbal and written instructions in English to direct employees and third parties as well as communicate with Customer representatives
- Demonstrated ability to successfully complete duties of all production and operations crew positions
- Must possess strong computer skills (.e.g., reports, email, spreadsheets, graphs, etc.)
- Must be able to utilize standard formulas and basic mathematical equations to compute and report various operation metrics
- Must be able to verbally communicate directions and expectations effectively to the crew and third parties
- Suitable candidates should hold an Engineering Degree in Oil&Gas Related Discipline: Process, Mechanical, Production or Petroleum Engineering;
- 10+ years overall O&G industry experience with at least 5 years in a project management position. Furthermore candidates must have experience with managing and supervising projects in a greenfield and brownfield environment.
- Field operations experience (preferable oil fields with H2S&CO2)
- Excellent oral and written communication, teamwork, planning and organization skills
Demonstrated ability in the following leadership competencies:
- Builds and Maintains Effective Relationship
- Develops Self and Others
- Builds Effective Teams
- Courageous Leadership
- Managing Vision and Purpose
- Drive for Results
- Decision Quality
- Well Control
- CPR/First Aid
- Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Safety Training
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.