MSelect is seeking to hire a Production Supervisor for one of its international Oil & Gas clients to be based in Erbil.
The Production Supervisor will exhibit a high level of Supervisory, Leadership and Safety behaviours and will specifically ensure that all aspects of production activity are carried out effectively and efficiently through careful delegation and control of responsibilities.
Acts as Permit to Work focal point.
Production facility equipment covered includes: oil and gas production systems, wells with ESP, oil stabilisation, gas sweetening and dehydration, produced water injection, power generation, fire and gas detection systems, ESD systems, Export pipeline, metering and utilities systems.
- Promote safety awareness and application of company MS System, COPs and prime policies.
- Ensure subordinate personnel are fully aware of their responsibilities under MS
- Ensure subordinate personnel apply all safety procedures correctly in the workplace
- Contribute effectively to incident investigation, review and reporting
- Use of communication skills shows leadership (oral, teambuilding, recording, noting, handover, analysing)
- Manage the workload and operation of the Production, Process and Utility systems at team level through subordinate staff
- Assess the competence of subordinate personnel using company competence assurance system and ensure continuous and timely progress of subordinate personnel
- Ensure probationary and annual appraisals are completed fairly and consistently in timely manner
- Manage welfare and disciplinary issues at team level with appropriate reference to Superintendent, Field Manager and HR
- Ensures the activities of the team are undertaken in strict compliance with Company standards and procedures and relevant regulatory requirements
- Efficient operation of plant systems, having due regard for Health and Safety and design of installation
- Execute well tests and manage operations in conjunction with all department heads to maximise efficiency and uptime
- Ensure full compliance with PTW system and Risk assessment and verification
- Efficiency improvement and pursuance of company goals
- Respond promptly to process upsets in line with approved procedures
- Report maintenance work required in timely fashion to maximise efficiency and uptime
- Implementing and enforcing Company Management System policies and procedures in particular Isolation Standards and PTW
- Carry out all operations in safe and environmentally sound manner
- Report all discharges, leaks, spills, injuries, and incidents, immediately
- Ensure personnel understand and comply with current environmental regulations
- Monitor and Record the status of all ESD, Fire and Gas Process Control Safety Defeat Overrides, ensuring compliance with guidelines and removal at earliest opportunity
Monitor and Maintain Pollution Control Measures
- Ensure that controlled discharges from area of responsibility to the environment are within prescribed limits
- Identify and halt unplanned discharges where possible, and reported immediately to the Production Superintendent
- Equipment, waste or other materials for disposal are dealt with according to the correct procedures
- Resources such as PPE materials tools and spares are not wasted or used inefficiently
- Deputise for Production Superintendent during ER, managing Emergency Response with due regard for safety of personnel, CPF / Wells and environment.
- Demonstrate through exercises and scenarios, knowledge and awareness of emergency response techniques
- Demonstrate knowledge of potential impact of incidents and scenarios on CPF / Wells safety and security
- Contribute effectively to preparation of useful exercises and to post exercise/ incident review and investigation
- Carry out Emergency Response role
Pre-hire Qualifications and Experience
- Proven experience and/or qualified to N/SVQ Hydrocarbon Processing Operations Level 3 or local technical school equivalent
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in Hydrocarbon processing operations with minimum 1 year experience as Production Supervisor/Lead Technician and appropriate mix of operational, and supervisory experience
- Thorough knowledge and experience of Oil & Gas production, process and utilities systems, operations and wells and in addition experience in an Oil & Gas facility Control Room, with Distributed Control, ESD and Fire and Gas Systems
- Experience and knowledge of hydrocarbon processing systems and utilities
- Good knowledge of ESD and ICSS operation controls and process emergencies
- Supervisory experience of Permit to Work, Mechanical/Electrical Isolation Standards and Risk Assessment
- Computer literate on MS 'Office' software packages
- Medically fit
- Appropriate emergency/incident Team Leader training and experience
- High level understanding of industry HSE practices applicable to job role
- Proven ability to work effectively within a management team
- Good English language communication skills, spoken & written
- Experience of working in a high H2S oil & gas facility is desirable
- Experience working with and training subordinate staff
- Competence Assessor experience and familiar with the competence assurance processes
- Personal: Safety aware. Conscientious, flexible, versatile and determined. Positive attitude
- Leadership: Good safety behavior and supervisory skills. Good levels of written and spoken communication in English language.
- Clear understanding of personnel behavioural and team issues.
- Capable of motivating multicultural teams. Flexible in applying different approaches to work demands
- Technical: Appropriate standard of supervisory, technical, and professional knowledge as defined by competences
- IT: Good familiarity with computerised maintenance recording systems
- Practical familiarity with standard ‘Office’ software package. Operation and use of internet and electronic mail system