MSELECT is looking to hire a Program Director on behalf of a charity organization based in Erbil. The successful candidate will be an experienced program manager with prior experience in MHPSS and GBV programming, including with displaced persons. We are looking for a compassionate, confident, dynamic and independent person who is able to lead development, planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation.
Program Management and Leadership:
- Lead responsibility for programmatic, technical and administrative management of the program including quality assurance, monitoring and documentation of results.
- Provide strategic direction and technical advice on program development and implementation with a focus on the protection and empowerment of vulnerable groups.
- Oversee program planning and implementation to ensure program goals, objectives and targets are met.
- Supervise and manage all program staff.
- Develop work plans, oversee implementation and track progress.
MHPSS and Protection Services:
- Lead in the implementation of the program’s strategy to meet the needs of survivors and strengthen support mechanisms.
- Develop practices and policies and ensure that these are adhered to.
- Provide training to program staff.
- Ensure the ethical management of case data and systems, ensuring that data collection informs improved service delivery.
- Develop and lead implementation of plans for outreach with the target community.
Coordination and Organizational Representation:
- Represent the organization with donor, Kurdistan Regional Government, UN, and other NGOs.
- Develop strategic partnerships and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders including donors, government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, camp managers, community leaders, and other relevant actors.
- Work closely with program partners.
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E):
- Working closely with the M&E Manager, devise program M&E plan.
- Ensure that M&E systems provide adequate feedback to inform program development and course correction as necessary.
- Ensure that all reporting requirements are met on time, and that reports are of a high quality.
Staff Management and Capacity Building:
- Ensure that program procurement is in line with the organization’s policies and donor regulations.
- Oversee program budget to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Conduct regular budget monitoring to ensure program spending is on track.
- Degree in social work, psychology, international development or other related field desired; Master’s Degree, a plus.
- At least five years of NGO senior program management experience in international settings including project design, implementation, budget management, staff management, and M&E.
- At least three years of experience implementing MHPSS and GBV programming.
- Experience implementing large donor-funded international development and/or humanitarian assistance programs.
- Experience in Iraq and/or Kurdistan Region a plus.
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- Good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
- High standard of spoken and written English, with Arabic and/or Kurdish a plus.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
Please note only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process