Mselect i hiring a Program Officer for one of the international humanitarian organisations in Erbil with below details:
1. Monitoring, Evaluation and Program Analysis
- Based on the IHPF monitoring framework, undertake regular field visits to monitor, evaluate and to analyze projects;
- Carry out desk reviews, prepare monitoring reports, analyze them for output evaluation. Identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and areas where adaptation or mitigation is needed;
- Analyze and evaluate data reported by Implementing Partners (IPs) to ensure achievement of objectives.
- Recommends corrective actions, when necessary
- Provide technical advice, training and assistance to implementing partners in the planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of projects;?
- Follow up with IPs for timely submission of Inception Reports, Progress Reports and Project Completion reports in line with respective guidelines and grant agreements.
- Provide necessary input in reviewing the narrative reports for subsequent clearance and approval by the HFU Manager.
- Provide support in preparation of IHPF progress and annual reports, meeting minutes, and updates for management, board and donors.
3. Program Support
- Provide support to the HFU including call for proposals, strategic and technical review of proposals, budgets and capacity reviews.
- Support collaboration with Clusters to enable their participation in project planning, monitoring and reporting phases..
- Perform other duties as assigned by the HFU Manager.
Building Strategic Partnerships
Level 1.2: Maintaining a network of contacts
- Maintains an established network of contacts for general information sharing and to remain up-to-date on partnership related issues
- Establishes and nurtures positive communication with partners and suppliers
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Level 1.2: Basic research and analysis
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches
- Identifies and communicates opportunities to promote learning and knowledge sharing
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Level 1.2: Fundamental knowledge of own discipline
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Analyzes the requirements and synthesizes proposals
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
Level 1.2: Basic research and analysis
- Researches and documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the Organisation's system
- Demonstrates ability to diagnose problems and identifies and communicates processes to support change initiatives
- Gathers and analyses feedback from staff
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
Level 1.2: Research and analysis and making recommendations on management systems
- Maintains information/databases on system design features
- Develops simple system components
Level 1.2: Establishing effective client relationships
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Actively supports the interests of the client by making choices and setting priorities to meet their needs
- Anticipates client needs and addresses them promptly
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
Level 1.2: Basic monitoring
- Gathers, analyzes and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
Master’s Degree in project management, or alternately Bachelor degree with 2 years experiences in project management , monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
2 years of relevant and progressive experience in project management, monitoring, evaluation, reporting or operational research.
Experience in humanitarian affairs, emergency preparedness and management of emergency relief would be an asset.
Fluency in English (written and spoken) is required
Fluency in Kurdish is required, Arabic is an assets