MSELECT is looking to hire a Chief Commercial Officer for one of its major telecommunication clients to be based in Baghdad.
This position is responsible for leading the Commercial division at the organization, handling Sales Operations, Marketing and CRM to ensure achievement of profitability and revenue growth organizational goals. This position is responsible for achieving customer satisfaction rates, market and product development, customer acquisition as well as market share for all channels.
- Oversee the Commercial Division Team in the organization including Sales, Marketing and CRM.
- Deliver strategic leadership for the commercial division driving growth and profitability of the company and promoting a customer centric culture driven by innovation, commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Formulate, communicate, and implement an integrated strategic & business plan for the Commercial Division to optimize revenue & growth, enable achievement of customer acquisition, profit, and market share targets across all customer segments (Consumer and Enterprise).
- Review, analyse and approve the division operational and projects budgets.
- Formulate and recommend operational policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability.
- Evaluate and approve Commercial Organization Structure ensuring sales staff efficiency and productivity is optimized at all times to achieve organizational goals.
- Provide recommendations to the CEO on major commercial decisions.
Marketing & Business Development:
- Lead development of the company’s marketing strategy with an emphasis on achieving market penetration and sales growth.
- Lead the development and implementation of annual marketing plans per region and per channel.
- Provide market feedback to the Board regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs driving product development initiatives through continuous market intelligence data feed.
- Research competitor policies, products, prices and provide market studies on potential business opportunities for the product lines development or new products.
- Drive Customer Acquisition strategies and loyalty programs to ensure market and customer growth.
- Develop and drive the pricing strategy and product/service development.
- Develop the company’s branding activities and brand design via suitable marketing communication activities, branding and product positioning.
- Drive business development opportunities related to product development, market development or
- Customer development that is consistent with the company’s strategy for revenue growth.
- Actively seek out opportunities for revenue generation and strategic partnerships.
- Lead the development and implementation of the company’s sales strategy across key market segments.
- Assess, build and manage necessary sales channels capable of delivering on the company’s growth objectives. Including: Consumer Sales, Enterprise sales, Partnerships, Government, VAS Services….etc.
- Design an efficient sales organization structure to achieve the company objectives.
- Lead the achievement of company sales target and profitability targets achieving market/customer acquisition and growth for all segments through innovative sales offerings.
- Ensure that best practices for sales and marketing activities are implemented across all sales channels.
- Systematically cultivate and maintain long-term, collaborative relationship with key stakeholders and with selected organizations to achieve mutual goals.
- Create a customer care vision and identify/implement best practices, policies and procedures to achieve customer care goals and objectives.
- Champion the development and implementation of customer satisfaction and retention programs to drive retention rates and customer satisfaction to the best results as per company strategy.
- Monitor effectiveness of company sales organization through monitoring customer satisfaction,
- Improvement of all company practices to be customer driven.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Engineering, Business Administration or Economics. Masters is preferred.
- A minimum 10 Years’ experience in ISP or Telecom with at least 3 years in Commercial or Marketing Management Field.
- Good Command of English and Arabic- Written and Spoken.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with different groups of stakeholders.
- Understanding of local market dynamics.
- Understanding of Competition and product positioning.
- Strategic Management and Business Planning.
- Industry Prices Structure and Market Research.
- Agreements and Commercial Correspondence.
- Understanding of customer behaviors, trends, preferences…etc.
- Full understanding of the product life cycle in ISP industry.
- Competence in interpreting and assessing market research data.
- Experience in advertising development (briefing, constructive feedback, etc.).
- Deep understanding of media consumption patterns by consumers.
- Ability to develop objective assessment of emerging market situations.
- Must be willing to challenge the standard thinking with new ideas, new approaches, and new solutions.
- Must have strong decision-making skills and the determination to see projects through to the end.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, management, and collaboration.
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.