MSELECT is looking to hire a Project Coordinator – Start Up and SME Support for an international development organization in Baghdad. Candidate must have Ideally at least 3 years of relevant experience and fluent in English and Arabic
The duty station for the “Project Coordinator – Start-Up and SME Support” in Baghdad Office.
The organization “Private Sector Development” Project is looking for an advisor who is acquainted with challenges faced by Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and Start-Ups in Iraq. The ideal candidate holds a degree in Business Administration, alternatively has got a wide range of practical experiences as Business Manager and/or Business Trainer. Policy experiences are a strong advantage. The position is located in a motivated, dynamic, and idealistic team which welcomes personalities with similar qualities.
Responsibilities Manage activities to develop SMEs and Start-Ups technically and financially
- The responsibilities include monitoring the development and implementation of capacity building and financing measures for SMEs and Start-Ups conducted on behalf of Organization-PSD.
- The project coordinator will be the focal point for the companies supported by the project, the training providers and the financial service providers as well as relevant public entities.
Tasks 1. Implementation
- The position holder supports the implementation of the project’s operational plan in coordination with the project director.
- This may include the full responsibility for certain activities according to the standard project cycle.
- A special focus will be on process development and reform.
- The position is responsible for results assessment according to standard M&E schemes with the preparation of reports and public relation material.
- The position holder will directly coordinate with and between start-ups, service providers and public entities whenever necessary.
- Responsible to ensure the quality of entrepreneurial trainings provided to SMEs and Start-Ups and serves as focal point for the SMEs and Startup’s and the project, identifying training needs.
- The position holder supports the financial support of SMEs and Start-Ups in a coordinating function between the financial service provider, the potential beneficiaries, relevant public entities and Organization-PSD.
- The advisor supervises the application of all guidelines on the awarding and monitoring of financing.
- The position holder provides local, practical, and academic knowledge to the project planning process.
- The position holder will support the project with any additional task if necessary.
- At least Master’s degree in business administration, or other relevant fields.
- Ideally at least 3 years of experience in SME and Start-Up Support or as Business Manager in Iraq.
- Background in consultancy is an advantage.
- Diplomatic and socials skills are expected.
- Work experience in international development cooperation organizations is an advantage.
- Above average academic Arabic and fluent English language proficiencies are mandatory (written and spoken).
- The applicant must be able to work for the benefit of a team (references requested)
- MS Office Software literacy
- German language skills are an advantage
- Experienced networker
- Ability to travel in Iraq and abroad for limited periods of time