MSELECT is looking for an Reservoit Engineer Trainee for an international oil and gas client in Erbil, candidates must be fluent in Kurdish and English.
The Reservoir Engineer Trainee will support petroleum engineering activities. As part of learning how to support those activities, the trainee will undergo an extensive training program for roughly 12-18 months. Program will consist of spending time with the different departments – drilling, production, facilities and geology. Plan is to rotate candidate
at each department to gather required experience and learn skills that will be useful at the subsurface department.
- Conduct the reservoir/petroleum engineering work as required for Reservoir
- Management and Development Planning for the Sarsang Block.
- Ensure that the data necessary is acquired for an adequate reservoir description and understanding.
- Assist in reservoir operations during the drilling/testing phase.
- Assist in ensuring the day-to-day production behavior of the wells in consultation with the Reservoir Engineer/Reservoir Engineering Manager
- Assist in interpreting all required data: well testing, production, and PVT. Gather, report and analyze reservoir information for the Sarsang Block.
- Assist in Technical Analyses – Working with reservoir engineers, perform nodal analyses, transient test analyses, material balance analyses, and other analyses as required.
- Degree in Petroleum engineering. MSc preferred.
- Ability to work in the field.
- Good interpersonal skills and organizational ability are required.
- Fluent in English and Kurdish
- Experience with Microsoft office
- Preference to candidates with some introductory skills with Petroleum Engineerin
- software such as KAPPA Saphir & Topaze, PETEX Prosper & MBAL, IHS Enterprise, and PETREL RE.
- Prior experience or internships in petroleum industry is preferred.
- Primarily based in Erbil office, able to travel to company field Locations as needed.
- Working hours 8:30 – 17:00, Sunday through Thursday. Occasional overtime work may be required.
- Travel away from Iraq is expected to be minimal but could include travel to other company offices in the US or to stakeholder meetings in the UK or to industry courses or conferences in the Middle East or other convenient locations.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.