MSELECT is looking to hire a Country Manager for one of its international agriculture distribution clients to be based in Erbil.
The Selected candidate will manage the day to day operations of all the companies in the country in order to meet set business objectives and targets, drives the companies to reach desired sales results, profitability, market share and geographic coverage. Furthermore, the Country Manager is responsible for maintaining acceptable levels of debt ages and collection, and an acceptable balance of inventory at the end of the year, in line with the general policy of the Group.
- Develop the companies' strategic and business plans to ensure steady and continual growth of the country in coordination with the Area and Regional Managers.
- Contribute to the development of a long term strategy and plan for the country within set parameters and objectives.
- Oversee the execution of all budgets and business plan elements for the country and follow up on the achievements.
- Ensure that all the companies in the country fulfill all their legal statutory and regulatory responsibilities. ? Provide motivation and inspiration to staff in the Country, and work with senior management to ensure a common vision and sense of purpose at every level.
- Contact new and existing key customers to discuss their needs, and to explain how these needs could be met by the companies.
- Maintain good relationships with main customers and suppliers.
- Supervise price and credit terms setting; implement discount policy and customers’ purchasing limits.
- Monitor the stock levels of key products in the warehouses to meet the business needs.
- Review and place purchase orders in coordination with the Commercial Team and follow up on the correspondences with the suppliers.
- Notify the commercial team with any technical or logistical issues related to the products.
- Negotiate pricing, contracts, and payment terms with suppliers in coordination with the commercial team.
- Submit regular reports to the Regional Manager regarding sales performance, stock level, purchases, etc.
- Ensure that proper financial controls and practices are adhered to at all times by all companies.
- Ensure all companies are properly staffed and well equipped to perform duties effectively.
- Ensure that directly managed staff is clear about their roles and responsibilities, held directly accountable for their work, achieve the highest possible standards and are appraised regularly while providing adequate support.
- Develop and foster an organizational culture that retains and motivates staff in the country, and in which employees constantly seek to learn and to improve their own performance and the performance of the country as a whole.
- Attend conferences and keep up to date on latest industry development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Agricultural Engineering.
- 10 years of experience in administration and management.
- Having experience in agriculture industry is a must.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.