MSELECT is seeking an Architect for a real estate development company based in Sulaimaniya. Candidate must have 2-5 years' experience, hold a BA in a related major and speak Kurdish, English and Arabic fluently.
Purpose of the position:
Responsible for designing and building spaces such as houses, offices, hospitals, skyscrapers, churches, and municipal buildings. Develops blueprints, hires contractors, and supervises creation of buildings and residences.
Key responsibilities & duties:
- Design blueprints for various structures, including houses, offices, hospitals, skyscrapers, churches, and municipal buildings.
- Confer with client to develop visions into designs.
- Estimates budgets and time frame.
- Provide various pre-design services, including conducting feasibility and environmental impact studies, selecting a site, preparing cost analysis and land-use studies, or specifying the requirements the design must meet.
- Determine space requirements.
- Research potential building users.
- Prepare and present drawings for approval.
- Develop final construction plans.
- Develop air-conditioning, heating, and ventilating systems, electrical systems, communications systems, plumbing; and, possibly, site and landscape plans.
- Specify building materials needed.
- Follow building codes, zoning laws, and fire regulations when creating design.
- Use computer-aided design (CAD) when creating drawings.
- Obtain construction bids and select contractors.
- Negotiate contracts.
- Visit building sites often.
- Perform testing during each phase.
- Advise on energy efficiency measures.
- Evaluate building designs to determine if it fits the needs of occupants.
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-5 years years of experience
- Proficiency in computer programs, including REVIT, AutoCAD, and SketchUp
- Excellent communication skills